We’re looking for a passionate Demi Chef de Partie to join our team at Lotti’s.
Lotti's is our buzzing neighbourhood restaurant. The menu features an internationally inspired brasserie style cuisine with fresh, locally sourced ingredients. During the day, Lotti's is a place to meet, relax or work, and from Friday to Sunday the bar plays host to local DJ talent.
Reporting to our Head Chef you will be responsible to guarantee quality and consistency in dishes and service.
What you'll do...
- Maintain the assigned station in a clean and orderly manner at all times
- Follow standard recipes and minimising waste to ensure that the restaurant food cost is in line with budget
- Work in the assigned station to ensure that dishes are prepared according to standard.
- Ensure all working utensils and equipment are maintained to maximise life span to operate to full capacity
- Receiving of daily produce deliveries and checking of quality (including weights and temperature)
- Complete quality preparation of all duties to clean, set up, handover and close kitchen to standard
What you're looking for...
- You jump out of bed every morning, fizzing with energy and jazzed about what you’re doing today
- You get us. You know our hotels, you’ve hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
- Your glass is half full, always
- You have a minimum of one year's work experience as Demi Chef de Partie or Commis in a hotel or restaurant with good standard
- You have great knowledge of kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards will be essential
- You get stuff done!
- You’re not precious. You appreciate some ideas work and some don’t. But we do like to try (almost) everything once
- You are humble. There are no egos, and no drama
- If we get stuck in a lift with you, we'll enjoy a good natter
· You’re flexible: you don’t care for the 9 to 5 life and aren’t afraid to jump into work at any moment
What's in it for you...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Free lunch before payday as a treat at the end of the month
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you’re with us – we’re growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties – we know how to have a good time!
More about us…
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we’ve never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn’t need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.