Nordson is seeking a Talent Acquisition Intern to be located at our 500+ person campus in Amherst, OH within our Global Human Resources COE (Community of Expertise). This position will be in Summer 2020.
As an intern at Nordson you will connect your classroom experience with real world projects that impact Nordson's businesses and products.
- Gain manufacturing industry exposure including through factory tours
- Have visibility to our executive team and international business leaders
- Understand process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma
- Have opportunities to give back to the local community
- Participate in team building events with your intern peers
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with a variety of projects related to Talent Acquisition
- Gather/consolidate data to support Talent Acquisition metrics reporting
- Use research tools to support recruiting in building critical talent pipelines
- Create Candidate Pools
- May also assist with Compensation, HR Operations and Benefits related projects
- Other project responsibilities and duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human Resources or related field.
Skills and Abilities
- Detail oriented, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and web based skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Presents a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members, take initiative, and solve problems.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status or any other reason prohibited by law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal checks, consistent with applicable laws.