GTI is the parent company to RISE Dispensaries and Essence.
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national chains of retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 89 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,100 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Security and Loss Prevention Specialist is responsible for the safety and security of all assets, property, personnel, patients/customers, and visitors. We’re looking for someone levelheaded and confident who’s just as passionate as we are about keeping all our patients, customers, and workers safe. In this role, you’ll be responsible for the security of all our assets and property in the dispensary as well as the regulation of access to our premises. Apply now to become a vital member of our growing team!
- Protect property from theft, embezzlement, sabotage, trespassing, fire and accidents
- Observe and report any unlawful activity
- Protect individuals, property, and proprietary information from harm or misappropriation
- Control access to premises
- Investigate and take the appropriate lawful actions on accidents, incidents, trespassing, suspicious activity, safety, and fire
- Neutralize situations calmly with tact and common sense
- Watch for safety and fire hazards and other related situations
- Enforce policies and procedures of the company
- Provide assistance to customers, employees, visitors, or the public
- Perform requests by the customers within scope of security duties or within reason
- Train new security hires, and inform other staff of security procedures and policies
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and written, obey/enforce the laws of the state
- Military, law-enforcement or security background strongly preferred
- Criminal Justice Degree, or relevant experience
- Training in firefighting, first aid or lifesaving drills
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps