The Relationship Officer is responsible for overseeing the overall operations, sales, and cultural performance of his/her branch team. Therefore he/she is responsible leading by example for providing extraordinary customer service both internally and externally by taking a personal interest, developing relationships and creating a positive experience with each customer he/she deals with. Provides assistance to each customer to determine their financial needs with a strong understanding of the banks need based selling structure. Ensures operational efficiency and quality standards are met demonstrating compliance with all State, Federal and other applicable bank regulations. In addition this position does provide supervisory mentoring, coaching and performance development of branch employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recognizes and builds upon sales and business relationship opportunities.
- Strives to guarantee customer satisfaction by engaging with customers to welcome them, personalize the experience and determine the best way to serve them.
- Embraces the Bank's mission, CORE values and cultural foundation by taking personal initiative and setting a positive example for others to emulate.
- Engages in learning opportunities to advance knowledge-base by requesting training, volunteering for projects, bringing new ideas/suggestions to the forefront and being an achiever.
- Ability to act individually and within a team environment to achieve branch-wide goals and activities.
- Promotes the banks products and services by understanding our UPS's while being aware of competitive bank services.
- Processes financial transactions, practices sound cash handling processes and answers inquiries and/or resolves simple to complex concerns on customer accounts.
- Participates, completes and attends mandatory training and/or online assignments for regulatory compliance as scheduled. Understands and observes all security and regulatory banking requirements to maintain compliance within State and Federal guidelines.
- Answers questions and/or resolves complex technical problems on customers accounts
- Is in charge of making sure daily compliance standards are being met for the office
- Active participant in development and training of branch staff
- Leads sales efforts of staff by attending meetings, participating in ongoing trainings, and makes sure staff is aware of strategic focus of the bank
- Consistently meets or exceeds assigned branch deposit goals
- Analyzes branch expenses and implements strategies to reduce overhead
- Looks constantly for ways to drive new business into the office
- Actively cross sells banks products and services, referring customers to other departments when appropriate.
- Develops and maintains revenue-generating client relationships by calling on prospects or existing customers, and determines their needs and appropriate product and services
- Actively participates with local community organizations to maximize networking and relationship building opportunities to increase branch deposit size
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work well with customers, employees and others, as well as actively listen, interpret information, and interact in a positive, helpful manner
- Provides exceptional customer service skills that include assessing customer needs and exceeding customer expectations, making recommendations for effective problem resolution consistent with standard practices with the ability to recognize when deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Ability to educate customers on present features and benefits of products and services in order to meet individual needs.
- Must possess excellent judgment with the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment and build solid relationships with all individuals he/she works with.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in any given situation. Must be able to adapt to change.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, with delegation when necessary.
- Professional dress and demeanor.
- Mastery of 7 Steps Sales Process or demonstrated sales skills.
- Ability to train and present to small and large size audiences
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; college degree perferred
- A minimum of 3-5 years banking or financial background, or combination of relvant experience and education
- Prior saels management and business develoment experience preferred
- Must have demonstrated ability to supervise or lead a team in current or prior work experience.
- Proven track record in meeting sales goals, ability to meet deadlines and branch goals
- Perferred 5 or more years of managing and /or supervising groups of 3 or more people
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; speak clearly and hear efficiently. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to, or in excess of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noise level in the work environment that may be excessive at times.
Ability to travel 10% or more of the time is required. Availability to travel on short notice to meet immediate business needs may be required.
Why should I apply?!
- Excellent Growth and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) with a bank match of 100% up to 6% of an employee's earnings
- Sick and personal time off
- Wellness Incentives and Company Ownership through Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield health insurance options
- Paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Access to supplemental insurances
- Annual bonuses