Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. To support that challenge, we are currently seeking a Seeds Quality Assurance Lead in Ames, IA.
You will help shape the future of agriculture by:
- Lead the implementation of a robust Seeds Quality Management System (QMS) for P&S in NA
- Support a network of individuals with a strong seeds quality focus to facilitate the Implementation, Training, and Support for the Syngenta Seeds QMS
- Develop appropriate communications to ensure the implementation of the Seeds Quality Manual and Seeds Quality Codes of Practice
- Ensure that the Reliance systems are used for documentation and action against internal and external non-conformities, and analytical are used to ensure robust processes and documentation
- Coordinate and provide process support and training for Syngenta Seeds personnel for RCA, Non-conformity Mgmt., Customer Complaint investigation, Site QIPs, etc.
- Develop mechanisms so that production staff can resolve quality and compliance issues; includes non-conformities, root cause identification, etc.
- Provide analysis to summarize and report current and historical quality data to identify trends, areas of improvement, provide visibility, and ultimately drive continuous improvement in process and product quality
- Be actively involved in Seeds QMS core process development and improvement teams
- Coordinate the NA Seeds Quality Champion program in conjunction with other regional QA Leads
- Manage the regional audit plan; promote site and process assessments (Level 1) as a continuous improvement tool and a benchmark for the necessity of higher-level audits
- Be personally committed and accountable in support of our HSE, compliance and ethics initiatives
- Lead incorporation of the Seeds QMS and continuous improvement principles into the non-conformity, customer complaint, and management of change processes
- Develop and execute trainings to support the development of site-based quality processes
- Ensure that non-conformity and root cause investigations at seed production locations are executed and share findings with other sites to drive process improvement
- Develop mechanisms for non-conformity support and training necessary for users to identify and resolve issues
- Provide effective Seeds Quality Framework support and training for Operations employees
- Develop annual regional audit plan and participate in/lead audit activities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BS or higher in plant science or related area – agronomy, seed science, botany and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience or good knowledge in quality control, planning & logistics, sales & marketing processes
- Knowledge of planning cycles, production and processing and sales
- Experience in an international work environment; Ability to work with various diverse cultures and work habits.
- Knowledge in understanding SAP tables, linkages, and transaction design.
- Fluent in English
- Must be authorized to work for Syngenta in the United States without work authorization sponsorship
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)