Imagine what you can do at Land O'Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O'Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture's toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O'Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you'll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
As our Transportation Coordinator, you will be working with customers, drivers, sales, accounting and other Transportation Coordinators. Individual will possess excellent verbal and written communication and multi-tasking skills, be proficient at utilizing software programs to price freight, track loads, validate costs, maintain safety records and build reports to analyze and provide information. This individual should work with people in a professional and respectful manner and address issues in a constructive way.
Specific focuses are:
Transportation Support & Data Management
- Track, reconcile, validate, and report on TEX asset equipment costs using Company software to improve efficiencies and recommend cost saving initiatives.
- Support Owner Operators and Company Drivers with ELD and FMSCA requirements.
- Maintain daily records and prepare documentation for all owner operators.
- Develop, maintain and report on Owner Operator scorecards increasing efficiencies and profits with company assets.
- Verify carriers being used have proper operating authority, insurance, W-9 and other documentation.
- Recommend truck tractors and trailers best suited to handle various products and routes of our business.
- Prepare and keep equipment and driver files current. – (Keeps all DOT, audit, accident, equipment and driver qualification files and helps to streamline the process.
- Must become familiar with DOT hours of service rules and be knowledgeable on all HAZMAT regulations as well as customs and border crossing procedures into Canada.
Education and/or Experience - Minimum of a Bachelor's degree plus 3+ years experience and/or training in logistics or transportation; or equivalent combination of education and work experience. At least 3 years of experience with computer and office procedures. Customer Relations and people management background a plus.
Written and verbal communication skills
Process Management coordination skills
Internal/External collaboration and interpersonal skills
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O'Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy