Maintenance Electro Mechanic - (Americus, Georgia, U.S.A.)
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With approximately 20,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world's largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
What you will do:
- Understand and obey all safety and plant work rules
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment while adhering to safety procedures/rules/regulations (life criticals, LOTO, PSM, PPE, etc.)
- Advanced electrical skills (troubleshoot/resolve electrical issues and understand 3 phase voltage)
- Maintain, replace, and diagnose all instrument/electrical components and their problems
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, install, and operate electrical, electronic, pneumatic, digital, mechanical devices, and control systems
- Perform routine, preventive, and predictive maintenance on electrical, electronic, pneumatic, digital, mechanical devices, and control systems
- Electrical PM and PdM shall be done in order to maintain all instrumentation and electrical equipment to a high level of reliability at minimum cost
- Required prolonged bending, stooping, and squatting
- Ladder, scaffolding, and motorized lift work
- Frequent stair climbing and walk long distances
- Perform manual labor
- Work overtime and weekends, if needed
- Willing to be on-call during weekends (Fri evening to Mon. morning)
- Basic mechanical and fabrication skills (understand components, bearings/gearboxes, power distribution, read blueprints, parts diagrams)
- Basic hydraulic principles (process flow, pumps, valves, etc. Pipefitting principles)
- Using SAP computerized maintenance management system, review work orders, identify needed repairs on equipment and acquire parts, equipment, and tools to complete repairs
- Maintenance and repair of entire facility ranging from basic equipment to complex machinery
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly preventative and predictive maintenance
- Communicate effectively and professionally with fellow employees
- Participate in daily shift meetings, provide feedback, aid in prioritizing and reviewing work orders to schedule daily work
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proven Experience as an Electro Mechanic with advanced electrical skills and basic mechanical skills
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Albility to perform overhead work
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (i.e., wire strippers, multimeter, etc.)
- Understanding of electrical drawings and blueprints
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities-110 VAC/480 VAC, 3-phase voltage-Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's)-Variable Frequency Controllers and Drives (VFD's)-Soft Starters-Sensor Indicators (inspection and testing)-Voltage and Current (inspection and testing)
- The Electro Mechanic must be open to change in a varying work environment like the one you find in a Mainteanance Department
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran