Location(s): TX - Amarillo
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We're seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you're looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy.
Standard Operations Position. Responsible for leading a safe, high performing operations team which may include multiple levels, functions, facilities, while driving the efficient and cost-effective use of resources. Establish a culture of process adherence and continuous improvement. Accountable to effectively lead and implement daily operations, cyclical processes and special projects with diverse resources as needed. Set and achieve business area goals that align with corporate and business unit strategies, goals and objectives, as well as process and performance, customer satisfaction, and reliability metrics.
- Safety: Provide visible safety leadership and drive continuous improvements to achieve desired goals. Develop strategies to achieve safety plan results. Oversee and develop leaders to ensure a safety conscious work environment. Contribute to site safety performance improvement by holding workers, supervisors, and self accountable.
- Operational Effectiveness: Effectively manage team performance through focus on operational efficiency metric trends. Ensure process adherence and data integrity. Drive continuous improvement efforts to define and shape opportunities that drive customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Business Optimization & Strategy: Achieve safety, productivity, customer service, and reliability targets by conducting and implementing strategic planning for area of responsibility. Develop and effectively manage organization budgets and business plans. Identify/implement process improvements, and ensure execution of plans/metrics.
- Talent Management: Establish workforce/development planning practices to build strong, competitive teams and effectively manage performance and drive engagement. Select, optimize, plan and direct the workforce used to provide safe, reliable, compliant operations, and ensure stakeholder satisfaction. Serve as primary contact for issue resolution involving labor relations.
- Relationship Management: Utilize critical thinking and analytical skills to advocate and influence decision making. Foster an environment of exceptional collaboration across a variety of stakeholder groups. Design and develop solutions that meet customer/stakeholder needs. Remove obstacles and provide assistance to team members to improve project and work performance.
- Regulatory & Compliance: Manage and guide the execution of work in accordance with policies, procedures, labor agreements, and regulatory standards. Ensure crews are qualified to perform work responsibilities. Establish, monitor, and track processes to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Seven or more years in design, construction, operations or maintenance of utility systems/power generation plants or related industries/fields.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in business area standards, procedures, and applicable government/environmental regulations.
- Three years supervisory experience, with performance-level/field employee groups preferred.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to administer/work within union labor agreements.
- Operational knowledge of work and asset management and analytical/reporting applications.
- Effective change leader with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and lead company and business area strategies and objectives.
- Proven results at setting/driving performance and operational metrics and achieving process adherence.
- Completion of an approved apprentice program in an appropriately related craft
- Demonstrated understanding of utility finance, capital and O&M
Will be required to be on call for escalated operations and emergencies.
This position requires a behavioral assessment prior to being considered for an interview.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: TX - Amarillo || TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 14290:SPS System Protect Ops & Mtce || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 19143
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com