Our client is a national leader in the Specialty Pharmacy Space. They are currently searching for Patient Financial Coordinators to join their team.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting patients in managing their out-of-pocket costs, and working with patients who are under insured needing help via assistance programs or Pharmaceutical Manufacturer programs.
- Work directly with patients to negotiate co-payment arrangements.
- Retrieve method of payment from patient for co-pay and notate appropriate systems accordingly.
- Understand and help coordinate assistance via Pharmaceutical Manufacturer programs and /or foundations for patients with little coverage, no coverage or those that we cannot offer internal assistance by referring them to the manufacturer.
- Stay abreast and adhere to Federal, State, and contractual regulations regarding co-pay assistance. Act as the liaison between Billing, Patient Care Coordinators, and Collection departments to assist in resolving financial assistance related to prescription refills.
- Update patient information and software systems to accurately reflect the outcome of negotiations.
- Respond in a timely manner to all assistance inquiries by patients, and other departments.
- Stay updated with foundation and manufacturer programs that relate to the disease classes that we service.
- Attend departmental and other meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare financial reports as requested, and submit to the appropriate Manager.
- Create and maintain tracking programs for reporting financial assistance as well as manufacturer assistance transfers as directed.
- Update sales personnel as to assistance resolutions allowing them to update MD offices.
- Other duties as defined by Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS & ABILITIES:
- Three years of healthcare experience
- Three years of Verification and/or financials, preferably in a Specialty Pharmacy.
- Must have excellent negotiation skills along with a caring, compassionate attitude.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively, and be a liaison between departments when needed.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a professional image.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/TRAINING AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of insurance coverage gaps