Purple combines uber comfort with science-backed technology to make sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this company is one-of-a-kind. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing companies. Poised to take over the world — or at least the mattress industry — Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool, totally-awesome peeps to join the team.
Sr. Manager/Director, Customer Service (Contact Center)
Sr. Director/Head of Customer Care & Contact Center Operations
We are looking for an experienced contact center professional to join our senior leadership team. This could be either a sr. manager or director level role (depending on experience). This individual will lead our core servicing teams (phone teams, chat teams and email teams). Direct reports will initially be front-line team leaders. Longer term, this individual will lead managers who are each responsible for several team leaders.
As a key leader over Purple's customer service operations, the sr. manager (or director) will be responsible for continuously improving the customer experience and will be tasked with building a culture that is focused on high standards, consistent processes, and stellar performance against goals and targets.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience building and leading large contact center teams with a track record of providing world-class customer service. Additionally, the ideal applicant will be a fierce advocate for employee engagement, growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Establish organizational functions, standards and processes designed to maximize overall efficiency, and enhance both agent and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain procedures, tools and systems necessary to support a large, multi-channel world-class contact center operation
- Build strong workplace culture focused on employee development
- Work with WFM team to develop effective staffing and scheduling models, ensuring that service levels and response times stay within established parameters
- Work with QA and training teams to ensure that agents have the training, scripting, resources and tools necessary to meet customer expectations
- Collect, analyze and present trends, metrics, KPIs and other data points (in visually appealing reports and dashboards)
- Plan, control and manage changes to policies, procedures, resources, or systems to consistently and effectively meet dynamic and evolving business needs
- Coordinate with training manager to establish program to mentor and coach front-line leaders, ensuring they have the tools, training and support needed to be effective in their roles
- Collaborate with engagement team to design and develop effective incentive, recognition and rewards programs
- Ensure that equipment needs are met, and that appropriate systems and reporting infrastructure is in place
- Effectively partner (through documented procedures) with other teams across the contact center (e.g., sales, returns, warranties, etc.) to ensure a consistent, world-class customer experience at every touch point across the entire customer journey with Purple
- Consistently review trends in the contact center (volume, attrition/staffing, CSAT, QA, employee engagement/satisfaction, etc.) and act to constantly improve
- Assist in developing and implementing future contact center vision and strategy
- BA/BS degree required (or equivalent experience and training)
- Senior leadership experience in a complex, multi-site, multi-channel, 24/7 contact center environment (preferably with 200+ agents)
- 5+ years in a significant leadership role (e.g., leading other leaders), managing/supporting contact center operations, preferably in an inbound, service/support environment
- 12+ years overall experience in contact center operations
- Experience working with remote/home-based agents, international operations and BPOs preferred
- Strong strategic and customer focus with a clear understanding of the wider issues impacting the relevant markets
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with forecasting, scheduling and capacity planning
- Deep and extensive experience using common contact center systems and tools – IVR/ACD, CRM, WFM/WFO, ERP, OMS, LMS (e.g., inContact, Zendesk, IEX, NetSuite, etc.)
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and other applicable regulations impacting contact centers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to effectively lead, develop, coach, encourage and motivate others
- Must be a dynamic people leader that fosters trust and builds followership
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple issues and produce viable solutions and results
- Friendly, patient and helpful customer-centric focus on resolving issues
- Use of critical thinking and judgment skills to make sound decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate. with a diverse audience and at every level of the organization
- A sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and a positive attitude
- Excellent computer skills and extensive knowledge of contact center technology
- Highly advanced Excel skills
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people's lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.