Purple combines uber comfort with science-backed technology to make sleep and sit products for everyday life. Their award-winning marketing represents the company's quirky, colorful culture and their over 100 granted and pending patents guarantee that this company is one-of-a-kind. Nestled at the base of the Wasatch mountain range, Purple sits as one of Utah's fastest growing companies. Poised to take over the world — or at least the mattress industry — Purple is looking for the most-rad, ultra-cool, totally-awesome peeps to join the team.
Kitting Coordinator will be responsible for daily supervision of kitting process and associates to ensure timely and efficient production operations. Will coordinate with production managers, purchasing, receiving and inventory control in regarding required materials for upcoming work. Will assign tasks and review production work orders to make sure all information is complete and assigned associates are provided with all necessary information and materials to carry out a correct assembly of product. Have an understanding of the established warehouse storage plans and receiving processes. Work involves: Job Consolidation, noting and reporting discrepancies or obvious damages; routing materials to storage locations; marking material with identifying information, storing, and stacking materials; rearranging and conducting physical inventories of kitting area; examining stored materials and reporting deterioration or damage; removing material from storage when required. Enters information and updates records in the computer. Involving in Continuous Improvement efforts. Other Duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following job description is for a position of Kitting Coordinator with Purple and Include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Performs All Activities Associated with the Job Consolidation Function in the Warehousing Department, Including Kitting of materials, storage, inventory control, operating a forklift, preparing product for use by Production.
- Ensure all required materials are accounted for and ready for upcoming production work orders.
- Computer work in WMS system for proper allocation and letdown of materials.
- Prepare materials for use by Production by Assembling, Storing and Delivering.
- Works closely with the Warehouse Supervisor to maintain material deliveries to meet Production Schedules.
- Ensures no stock outs on production lines effecting throughput.
- Contributes to the Team Effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Equipment Operating Demands:
- Ability to operate forklifts.
- Ability to operate pallet stretch-wrapping machine.
- Ability to operate cardboard baling machine.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Must have Forklift Experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
The following are minimum abilities that the successful applicant must possess.
- Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
- Experience in reporting on key Inventory Control metrics
- Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
- Outstanding communication ability
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) Match
- Generous PTO
- Market Money
- Earn a Mattress
- Purple Swag
- Amazing Purple Products
WHY WORK AT PURPLE?
- Make your mark: We value innovative thinking. At Purple, you will be empowered to bring your ideas to life as we work together to improve people's lives through comfort.
- Gain unique experience: Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in Utah! The contributions you make will matter at Purple as the company continues to grow with you.
- Awesome culture: Join the tight-knit team at Purple and you can enjoy working alongside industry experts, making close friends, and annual employee appreciation events.
Purple provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.