Sr Desktop Engineer with some Project Management Experience
TITLE: Sr. Desktop Engineer with some Project Management experience
LOCATION: Alpharetta, GA
This position will be responsible for providing a full range of IT support services to a selected number of sites as well as providing oversight and occasional project management and implementation as needed. In accordance with this high level of responsibility, the individual must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. This person should be capable of performing basic project management functions like budget management, resource balancing and project time tracking. This position will be interfacing with many levels of personnel and organizations in a variety of situations, and should be comfortable conducting his/her self in a professional, customer service oriented manner. Incumbent must also have the ability to assist with contract negotiations and provide guidance, influence requests and provide solutions to customers.
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
• MCSE certification for Microsoft Server operating systems, or similar certifications and minimum of 5-7 years of experience including 5 years Level 3 support experiences with Microsoft products preferred.
• In depth knowledge of PC installation, hardware component installation/replacement, and software installation
• Hands on experience demonstrating expertise with Client and Dell servers in a Microsoft TCP/IP environment running Windows Server 2008 - 2012
• Experience with a variety of tools for server management, workstation management, and LAN management
• Experience with resource backup hardware, software and strategies, as well as printers and other peripherals
• Knowledge of inter-networking components ( i.e., routers, IPVPN, Ethernet, switches, VLANS)
• Installation and troubleshooting expertise for a variety of network cabling options – fiber optic, Cat6 twisted pair
• In-depth experience with the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Workstation Operating Systems including Windows 7 32/64 Bit OS'
• In-depth expertise with the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and other Microsoft applications.
• Knowledge of security principles and concepts –Virus protection, encryption, NTFS security rights
• Strong time management skills. Ability to multi-task and ability to work independently
• Experience in interfacing with contractors and vendors – to define requirements, negotiate small contracts, manage performance
• Proven interpersonal skills - ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple layers of the organization
• Understanding support structures and policies
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Must be willing to travel
• Strong Project Mgmt skills
• Some experience with budgeting and cost tracking helpful
• Knowledge of inoperability between Distributed Control Systems and traditional business networks
• Some experience with PBX and Voicemail support