We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
What we're looking for:
Someone to implement, maintain, manage, and govern our disaster recovery program. You will protect our enterprise's profitability, brand and reputation in the marketplace when a disruption to normal technology operations and solutions occur.
The Disaster Recovery Coordinator helps define and assist IT disaster response/crisis management activities in compliance with the IT emergency plan and helps provide and coordinate disaster preparedness testing with respect to the organization's information technologies, helping ensure business continuity. The DR program includes the following disciplines:
- Crisis/incident management (command, control, communications)
- Manage requirements and contribute to the overall BCM program
- Disaster recovery strategies and technology work around
- Supplier risk and contingency management
- DR program governance and maintenance
- Exercise execution at all organizational levels
- Testing methodologies crafted to meet various criticality levels and architectures
This strategically targeted role will focus on global business and geographical technology solutions. The DR coordinator is a highly visible role and expected to be the “face“ of technology resiliency for Citrix. The Disaster Recovery Coordinator requires strong and proactive approach to technology recovery with excellent communications, management, persuasion and leadership skills, an understanding of the technology industry, and a strong willingness to learn. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Resilience within the Global Security Risk Services group, the successful DR Coordinator will be able translate strategy and standards into actionable processes to continue expanding the existing program to a global level. Demonstrating strategic thinking and effectively linking the enterprise's resiliency activities to business operations to bolster a resilient culture are key characteristics of success.
- Work with Business Continuity management to ensure that the disaster recovery (crisis management) and business continuity plans drive disaster recovery (DR) strategy and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their inter-dependencies.
- Work with the IT technical staff to ensure that disaster recovery solutions are adequate, in place, maintained, and tested as part of the regular operational life cycle through tight integration to the change management process.
- Develop and understand all testing necessary for a successful DR execution.
- Schedule and lead all DR exercises.
- Provide ongoing feedback for risk management, mitigation, and prevention.
- Regularly provide Disaster Recovery activities and statistics to overall resiliency program dashboards.
- Act as liaison for auditing and examination of disaster recovery processes.
- Help ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations, and ordinances.
The DR Coordinator is expected be a key contributor to planning, building, running and managing multiple geographical technology safeguards within Citrix's enterprise-wide BCM program including:
- Charter/policies (setting expectations, etc.)
- Distributed DR program operating structure
- Standards and maturity methodologies
- Program metrics and program scorecard for assigned disciplines
- Management reporting
- Risk assessment framework
- DR Plan standardization
- Exercising framework and schedule
- Training and awareness framework and methods
- The minimum required is a bachelor's degree in computer science or related experience in the management of IT centric programs or a related field.
- At least five years' experience in BCM/IT disaster recovery within the technology industry
- Accomplished at defining, implementing and enforcing risk-based standards, processes and procedures for responding to disruptions in business or IT operations
- Proven competency in executing large projects, on-time and within budget, with business and IT personnel
- Demonstrated experience in creating and defining new operational models and procedures, and explaining complex problems or situations
- Proven ability to occasionally work long hours and succeed under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises
- Minimum of five years' experience in implementing Disaster Recovery programs and exercising IT disaster recovery plans
- Proven strategic leadership and relationship management capabilities, with experience leading cross-functional work groups comprised of internal stakeholders
What you're looking for:
Our technology is built on the idea that everyone should be able to work from anywhere, at any time, and on any device. It's a simple philosophy that guides everything we do — including how we work. If you're driven, passionate and curious, we invite you to make a difference with a brand you can believe in. We want employees to do what they do best, every day.
Be bold. Take risks. Imagine a better way to work. If we just described you, then we really need to talk.
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we're all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You'll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We'll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.