Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
MS Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application & Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and regulatory entities, and programming languages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develop the technical and design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to management.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business solutions.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Work within a multidisciplinary-team with back-end developers and graphic designers to provide a cohesive experience
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of the latest and emerging technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10-12 years of IT Experience with at least 3 years in Java based Micro services and event driven architecture.
- Strong knowledge of API Standards, Microservices Architecture and Cloud capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with developing and implementing REST APIs for the micro services reactive architecture.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Event Sourcing with CQRS.
- Strong experience in Core Java, Spring frameworks (Spring boot and Spring cloud), RESTAPI, cloud, micro services.
- Experience with Messaging brokers is must – kafka/MQ.
- Experience with modern SDLC, DevOps mentality and TDD approaches. Hands-on experience in automating builds, deploys, monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with the following development and build tools (or similar): IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, BitBucket/Git/Stash,
- Have good analytical and debugging skills.
- Very good written verbal communication and can connect with Business Stakeholders understand the business
- Good database skills with excellent query writing skills
- Provide knowledge of contemporary rapid prototyping technologies and methods, web development
- Excellent analytical ability, strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- College degree in computer science/related fields or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple high priority environments/projects simultaneously
Desired Tech Stack Knowledge:
- Languages - Core Java/Scala, Python
- Security - Kerberose, SiteminderFrameworks - Kafka, Spark, Akka (nice to have), Spring boot
- Operating System - Windows, Linux
- Containers - Docker
- Messaging - MQ, Kafka
- Source Control - BitBucket/Git/StashGit/Stash, Jenkins/TeamCity, Gradle