Data Operations Analyst - Parametric
Parametric is part of Morgan Stanley Investment Management, the asset management division of Morgan Stanley. We partner with advisors, institutions, and consultants to build portfolios focused on what’s important to them and their clients. A leader in custom solutions for more than 30 years, we help investors access efficient market exposures, solve implementation challenges, and design multi-asset portfolios that respond to their evolving needs. We also offer systematic alpha and alternative strategies to complement clients’ core holdings.
The Data Operations Analyst works within the Investment Operations Department as a subject matter expert in market data, its application and the various business rules that govern it to ensure our business runs smoothly. This person is responsible for daily processes around ensuring accurate market data (specifically pricing, security data, benchmark data), investigates data anomalies through various technologies and tools, and ensures accurate data is consumed into systems.
In addition, this role will be an integral part of the team that oversees and coordinates the collaborative effort across the firm around data governance. With the ultimate goal of centralized, single source data, this role will have the opportunity to help drive business needs and work with SMEs to research and define policies and procedures relevant to the firm’s data strategy.
The successful candidate has great communication, solid analytics, high curiosity, and strong attention to detail. This role works closely with the Investment Operations department staff, Portfolio Managers, Information Technology and other teams. The Data Operations team has staff in Seattle and Minneapolis.
- Responsible for daily processes around market and reference data to ensure accuracy, resolve exceptions, manage data validation
- Work closely with SMEs across the firm to research and understand how data is consumed across systems, assist in making recommendations on data policy and document agreed upon decisions.
- Responsible for daily processes around Pricing and Security Information/Maintenance in portfolio accounting systems
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the financial services industry and its unique data requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Communicate effectively - both verbally and written - to peers and business partners to include strong questioning and listening skills and the ability to look beyond obvious answers to understand impacts
- Must thrive in managing multiple deadlines and inquiries across several teams and departments in a fast-paced environment
- Resolves issues quickly with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to prioritize
- Communicates clearly and effectively with other managers and internal staff
- Must be able to self-manage daily and monthly deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 years’ of experience, preferably in financial or asset management related field
- Insatiable curiosity, self-starter, and detailed focus
- Natural aptitude for technology and data driven initiatives
- Ability to self-start
- Passionate about financial services, data
- Ability to work independently in a high volume, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Learn quickly and work in a changing environment
- Competent in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong Interpersonal and communication Skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Markit EDM and/or Advent products experience preferred
- Experience with Bloomberg and FactSet preferred
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.