ACCS Peer Specialist
Req Number: 23440
Schedule: Tue-Sat, 9am-5pm
Salary: $20.91 / hour
Sign On Bonus:$3000; $1000 upon completion of 30 days, $1000 upon completion of 6 months, $1000 upon completion of 12 months
The ACCS Peer Specialist promotes the engagement, hope and the full integration and functioning of adults with receiving psychiatric rehabilitation services needed to live successfully in the community. As an ACCS Peer Specialist you will provide Peer Support Services and help Persons Served explore their options and gain the confidence, skills, and resources needed to succeed in goals.
In this role you will draw upon your own personal experiences with recovery in order to successfully build skills needed for independency. Responsibilities will include:
- Implement Peer Support-oriented Treatment Plan interventions with Person Served.
- Provide support, education and advocacy especially at times of service and life transitions; for example being discharged from a hospital, detoxification unit or respite setting, moving to their own apartment, or when facing life stage challenges -- particularly for young adults and elders.
- Engage Person Served in non-directive and supportive relationships that promote empowerment and self-learning.
- Facilitate Peer Support groups as needed
Response to Covid-19
Vinfen continues to follow the guidelines determined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, and the Connecticut Department of Public Health. Vinfen leadership along with Vinfen's medical staff are closely monitoring the pandemic on a daily basis and make decisions that are best for the safety and well-being of the Vinfen community.
Our response to promote safety during the coronavirus includes:
- Virtual New Employee Orientation and Virtual Training
- Laptop and iPhone provided for eligible positions
- Increased sanitation measures in all programs and group homes
- PPE provided to all positions working closely with others
Why Vinfen? We are committed to you! We offer great training, great benefits, career growth and job security!
Our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- A fully funded, employer-sponsored retirement plan that requires no employee contribution as well as an employee-funded 403(b) plan
- First-rate Medical, Dental and Vision plans that are open all employees scheduled to work 30 hours per week or more. Plus, we offer a generous employer contribution toward the cost of medical insurance!
- Employer-paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability Insurance (no cost to you!)
- Employer-paid Short-Term Disability Insurance along with the option to purchase additional, voluntary, Short-Term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)
- Voluntary Term, Whole Life, Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Generous paid time off (Employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week):
- 15 days of Vacation per year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 10 Sick Days per year
- 3 Personal Days per year
- Educational Assistance and Remission Programs
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap!
- Other generous benefits including discounted YMCA memberships, access to discounted movie tickets and more!
My Job. My Community. My Vinfen
Vinfen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Peer Specialist, PeerSpecialist, CPS, advocacy, peer support, PeerSupport, VinfenPS
Vaccine Mandate Policy
In accordance with federal mandates, all new employees, interns, and volunteers within Vinfen's Massachusetts programs will be required to be fully vaccinated (14 days beyond last shot of Pfizer or Moderna or 14 days beyond receiving a Johnson and Johnson vaccine), or have received the first shot in a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) with an appointment scheduled for the second dose. A 2nd dose must be received within six weeks of hire and the first shot prior to New Employee Orientation or have an approved exemption for medical or religious reasons by the first day of employment with Vinfen,
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience as a recipient of services for people with psychiatric conditions preferred; must be well along in own personal recovery (self-knowledge and habits needed to support one's own health).
- Lived experience with drug or alcohol misuse/addiction accepted, if applicant has received Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery Coach Acadey or equivalent training; must be well along in own personal recovery (self-knowledge and habits needed to support one's own health).
- Must either obtain or meet on of the following criteria with six months of hire
- Certified Peer Specialist; has received Connecticut Community for Addiction Recovery Coach Academy or equivalent training; or meet Family Partner as required by Community Service Agencies specifications, which are:
- Experience as a caregiver of a youth (or adult) with special needs; preferably a youth (or adult) with a psychiatric condition.
- Bachelor's degree in human services field from an accredited school & one year experience working with children/adolescents/TAY (or adult); or an Associate's degree in human service field from an accredited school & one year experience working with children/adolescents/TAY(or adult); or high school diploma/GED & two years experience working with children/adolescents/TAY(or adult).
- Experience in navigating any of the child (or adult) family-serving systems and teaching family members who are involved with child (or adult) family-serving systems.
- A valid driver's license must be presented at the time of employment. Incumbents must be at least 21 years of age, have maintained a valid US driver's license for at least one year, and must be able to pass a driver's screening background check.
- Access to an operational and insured vehicle and willingness to use it to transport Person Served
- Preference given to bilingual/bicultural applicants.
$20.91 / hour
$3,000; $1000 upon completion of 30 days, $1000 upon completion of 6 months, $1000 upon completion of 12 months
Drivers License check and vehicle access required