Shift Supervisor - Water/Wastewater Operations
Lehigh County Authority has an opening for Shift Supervisor to support the water/wastewater operations. As a Shift Supervisor, you will perform a variety of duties to assure the proper and efficient operations of Allentown’s water treatment facilities and wastewater treatment facilities. This role serves as the supervisory functional point of contact for emergencies during second and third shift operations for the water distribution system and sewage conveyance systems, in addition to the treatment plant facilities. The required shift for this position is 3:00pm – 3:00am.
This position requires a minimum of 6 years of experience in water/wastewater operations, 2 years in a supervisory role. Candidates should possess a valid Class A Wastewater Systems Operator Certificate and/or a valid Class A Water System Operators Certificate.
Lehigh County Authority (LCA) is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed.
LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
As an LCA employee you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage – covers employee and eligible dependents with affordable employee contributions
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA).
Essential functions for this position include:
· Provides quality and effective customer service with courtesy and understanding to our customers, citizens and internal departments.
· Supervises and assigns work to treatment plant operators and other employees engaged in the operation and routine maintenance of treatment and disposal equipment and facilities for water and wastewater functional systems.
· Inspect operations; review recordings of operations and tests on various processes and recommends changes as necessary.
· Responsible for the operational activities at the water treatment plant and the wastewater treatment in the absence of the Assistant Plant Manager.
· Manage work schedule to ensure 24/7 coverage at Allentown’s water treatment and wastewater treatment facilities.
· Assists subordinates with their duties as required; trains subordinates.
· Maintains and orders an inventory of supplies and materials as required.
· Enforces safety rules, prepares and maintains necessary reports and records.
· Becomes an active member of the Chlorine Emergency Response Team.
· Performs other related work as required.
· High School or technical school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
· Two years of college level courses with major course work in an engineering or science curriculum would be a plus.
Experience and Licenses:
· At least 6 years of experience in wastewater treatment or in water filtration operations is required.
· 2 years is a supervisory role is preferred.
· Must possess a valid PA driver’s license. Possession of a Class A, Sub classification 2 Wastewater Systems Operators Certificate and a Class A, Sub Classifications 1, 7, 8, 10, 12 Water Systems Operators Certificate highly preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, other employees, and also the public
· Working knowledge of MS Office required
· Experience with SharePoint, GIS, SCADA, CMMS is preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary history and/or requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.