CAPS®, the nation's largest network of outsourcing admixture pharmacies, has been delivering high-quality, same-day, admixture services and solutions to hospitals and outpatient facilities for more than 28 years. Along with the nation's largest 503A sterile injectable outsourcing network, CAPS offers industry-leading batch compounding on a national scale through three 503B registered outsourcing facilities. With experience, capacity, and a passion for safety, CAPS is your 503B solution.CAPS is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S.
The Pharmacy Technician Trainee will participate in the CAPS Pharmacy Technician Training Program. At the completion of the training program the trainee must have acquired, the knowledge base required for a CAPS Pharmacy Technician. In addition, the trainee will be required to obtain Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification to successfully complete the program.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Actively participate in a classroom environment, including didactic studies, successfully achieving passing scores on practical exams and completion of On The Job (OJT) activities to prepare for the National Pharmacy Technician Certification PTCB Examination.
- Actively participate in classroom environment, including didactic studies, successfully achieving passing scores on practical exams and completion of On The Job (OJT) activities to learn how to prepare Compounded Sterile Preparations (CSPs) and perform related activities under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
- Perform pharmacy tasks enhancing knowledge of Pharmacy Technician responsibilities including:
- Handling basic maintenance of warehouse and provide cleaning support to pharmacy.
- Assist with product disposal and destruction, maintenance and filing of packing lists.
- Participates in handling of Pharmacy products/supplies for clean room use, material receiving, stocking, shipping and assists with files and monitoring of CAPS Inventory Transfers.
- Participates in pharmacy cleanroom activities such as compounding activities to acquire OJT experience.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to perform basic computer functions.
- Ability to work well with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, organizational skills, ability to exercise good judgment, and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to perform pharmacy calculations and adhere to CAPS policies and procedures.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- As determined by supervisor.
- Experience working in a pharmacy.
- Experience in aseptic preparation of Compounded Sterile Preparations.
Requirements Upon Completion of Training Program:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certification.
- Knowledge of CAPS policies and procedures , product portfolio and services offered.
- Successful completion of all CAPS training requirements.
- Technician registration where required.
- General knowledge of cGMP's required in the pharmaceutical industry.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com..
Through its “Sharing Expertise®“ initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to reach, grasp, stoop, pull and perform repetitive motion procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Indoors, cleanroom, working environment limited to a small area, wearing protective cleanroom attire, tolerating controlled temperatures and loud noise.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled