Meat Wrapper- Airport Road
POSITION TITLE: Meat Wrapper
REPORTS TO: Meat Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To wrap and package meat and related products as directed by company standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Wrap, weigh, price, and label meats and related products.
2) Order supplies for department (wrapping materials and labels).
3) Communicate low stocked items to the department manager.
4) Stock display case.
5) Communicate temperature failure to department manager.
6) Provide friendly, courteous customer assistance.
7) Maintain good cleanliness and housekeeping.
8) Observe policies and procedures established for the department.
9) Observe all state, local, and federal health, weights, and measures laws.
10) Greet all customers and be observant.
11) Abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in the maintenance of the price book.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Ability to read and write to properly tag products.
2) Must have dexterity in hands to enable the wrapping and handling the products.
3) Ability to be exposed to extreme cold while handling frozen or refrigerated meats at a minimum of fifty-five percent (55%) of the time over and eight (8) hour work schedule.
4) Ability to go below minus fifteen degrees below zero (-15 degrees) up to five percent (5%) of the time during an eight (8) hour work schedule.
5) Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty percent (40%) of the time.