Versum Materials, a part of the Performance Materials business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets.
Versum Materials is seeking a Controls Engineering Supervisor for our Breinigsville (Allentown), PA location.
The Controls Engineering Supervisor is responsible to lead controls and software engineering resources in sustaining support and development of new equipment solutions for gas and chemical delivery equipment sold to Semiconductor customers. The Delivery Systems business unit is responsible to ensure all products are safe for their intended use and meet all customer requirements.
The Controls Engineering Supervisor is a key role in advancing our delivery equipment offerings and meeting our customer needs. Through close coordination with cross functional teams and customers, you will apply business acumen to drive engineering decisions.
As a successful candidate for this role, you are an innovative leader who seeks challenges and focuses on delivering business value. You hold safety as a core value. You actively work with your team to develop practical and cost-effective controls solutions to meet our current and future equipment offering goals. You exemplify a high level of ownership and are prepared to learn the details of complex delivery systems so that you may lead your team in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead and coach a team of 6• Software and Controls Engineers
- Align team resources to support new product development, sustaining and fielded products
- Work closely with product and electrical engineers to meet product development needs and provide an integrated solution
- Ensure team support of complex engineered to order customer quotations
- Ensure efficient and appropriate execution of product change management process
- Support manufacturing, quality, and field teams with technical support as needed
- Collaborate with peers and other functions
- Successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in an engineering or related role
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading teams
- PLC and software programming experience strongly preferred
- Proven results as an effective communicator able to work well and influence in fast pace environment with cross functional teams
- Flexibility – ability to step outside of your role when needed with a focus on achieving team and business objectives
- Strategic problem solver, who proactively seeks, recognizes and take steps to get to the root of problems and wants to be a part of the solution
- Looks for opportunities to learn and grow, encouraging the same behavior on your team
If you are a current Versum employee, please apply for this position via the internal Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Versum Materials, will be contacted.
Versum Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic information or veteran status.