About Frontier Communications
Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Sr Systems Engineer
Perform DevOps functions working with the Internet Service Provider infrastructure and provisioning systems. Skills will be used to administer the ACS platform and programatically perform data analysis and systems administration as needed.
- Perform tasks in the ACS platform to support configuration and data collection of managed devices.
- Perform data collection and reporting to analyze internet subscribers' experience and behavior.
- Update and create software running primarily on Linux platform to support and enhance administration of Internet infrastructure, authentication, provisioning, monitoring systems and the device management platform.
- Integrate vendor and open-source software to systems architecture to improve existing services or support new products.
- Need to work very closely with the IT, tech support, and product management organizations, attending product development and review meetings as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting system and software problems as needed after escalation from the NOC and within the System Services group.
- Shared 7x24 coverage of the infrastructure and applications that the team supports in a scheduled rotation. Will require occasional after-hours work and after-hours on-call duties.
- Experience programming in Python, PHP (Zend Framework, apigility), PERL, UNIX shell scripting.
- Experience with data analytics / analysis (Pandas preferred).
- Experience with ACS / TR-069 (ECO Manage preferred).
- Experience working with or creating external interfaces (e.g. REST API or SOAP).
- Experience working with LDAP and SQL systems (OpenLDAP and MySQL preferred, Oracle is a plus).
- Basic knowledge of ISP infrastructure (CPE management, DNS, NTP, RADIUS, DHCP).
- Experience working with Red Hat/CentOS and Debian Linux software packaging.
- Server update and configuration skills.
- Experiance with Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and vCenter is a plus.
- Experience with F5 load balancers is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or Computer Science.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, both on a proactive, planned, project basis as well as a crisis/problem recovery situation.
- Must be detail-oriented and self-managing.
- Works with minimal supervision and proactively communicates status, issues, and support needs to appropriate manager(s).
- Experience with fast-paced, time-constrained development teams, with ability to multi-task well including priority management.