Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We have always believed that data has the potential to transform lives and create a better tomorrow. We are transforming data into something meaningful: helping businesses to manage credit risk, preventing fraud, targeting marketing offers and automating decision making. We have been named one of the “World's Most Innovative Companies“ by Forbes for 3 years in a row. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale
- Works as a consultant to the business, applying a strategic approach and focus towards information systems, innovation and business processes, key drivers/metrics of success for the business.
Experian IT Services (EITS) is the centralized technology organization that globally supports all of Experian. Our organization is comprised of almost 2,000 employees across the globe supporting and improving our business-critical IT environment/ecosystem. Experian Global Infrastructure Services drives growth through reusable technology providing quicker time to market for solutions, increased productivity, and a more secure environment.
Experian Global Application Security team is responsible for protecting personally identified information assets against cyber threats for customers in more than 80 countries and across Experian's business units which include 17,000 employees across more than 40 countries.
Strategy & Planning
- Responsible for vetting and triaging all new penetration test requests.
- Oversee the strategic alignment of all offensive security items.
- Serve as the point-of-contact with stakeholders. Responsible for managing stakeholders when offensive security items are either greenlighted or killed.
- Assist with forecasting future resource capacity to help with the approval and prioritization processes.
- Attend various steering committee and PMO meetings, and perform administrative support for recordkeeping and follow-up with both attendees and non-attendees.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Oversee the deployment of the organization's new offensive security management processes and tool to ensure stakeholder adoption.
- Maintain a perpetually accurate list of offensive security requests.
- Prevent/minimize offensive security growth by encouraging executives to make firm decisions based on reliable and current portfolio data.
- Regularly “cleanse“ the offensive security: store offensive security requests into those that can stay on the offensive security (as is or revise and resubmit) and those that are removed (declinable or no longer relevant).
- Provide the executive layer with up-to-date, high-level awareness of the current state of offensive security items as well as an understanding of how this current state impacts broader business initiatives.
- Coordinate various events in terms of facility, invitation, equipment, catering, and other logistics.
Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or penetration test management, with three years' equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in technology-related and penetration test management disciplines.
Knowledge & Experience
- Specific knowledge of Excel and various penetration test and Offensive Security management platform(s) required.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, PowerBI and ServiceNow.
- Working technical knowledge of breach automation tools such as SafeBreach or Verodin.
- Experience in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of penetration test and offensive security practices.
- Familiarity with the functioning of a PMO and Steering Committee.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into penetration test and portfolio management issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word “Experian“ is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans