SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety and User Experience segment (AS&UX) and our Connected Services (ACS) business unit.
The Sr. Software Developer will design, develop and maintain software for automotive data acquisition and device-to-cloud communication for use in the automotive industry. You will be challenged to solve problems with cutting-edge technology and deliver the highest quality service to our customers. Creativity and self-motivation are essential for this role.
Responsibilities and duties
- Work as a member of a globally distributed team designing and developing data acquisition and secure data exchange solutions for machine-to-machine applications.
- Develop software solutions from initial concept and requirements development through to production implementation and support.
- Software issue troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, etc.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance.
- Integrate software from 3rd parties.
- Bachelor's Degree – Computer Science / Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software application development
- Independent problem-solving ability
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in C/C+• application development, Microcontrollers and Linux
- Experience with agile software development process
- Experience with coding standards like MISRA
- Experience in embedded applications development or automotive embedded development is preferred
- Experience with software design methodologies and latest software quality standards
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and automotive networks, such as CAN, is preferred but not required
- Master's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related degree programs.
- Familiarity with microcontrollers and Autosar
- Knowledge of Functional Safety and SPICE processes
- Experience with CI/CD workflows
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence – build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
Aptiv rewards and advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv is making mobility real. Today's software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It's expensive to transmit, and it's not all useful. Aptiv's Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ready to take the first step?