About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv is making mobility real. Today’s software-defined vehicles generate a lot of data. It’s expensive to transmit, and it’s not all useful. Aptiv’s Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe, Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications. Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility. For more information, please visit www.aptiv.com/our-journey and see our www.aptiv.com/careers for opportunities to join us!
About this Position:
This position will consist of developing and supporting various engineering projects related to the development, validation, and testing of powertrain/vehicle control systems in the OE and aftermarket sectors
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop or assist in the development of a statement of requirements for engineering projects. Confer with customer to review and clarify requirements.
- Directly modify or specify new components of the data acquisition system to ensure it meets customer design and performance requirements for powertrain/vehicle system development and validation.
- Research, analyze, and assist in the implementation of innovative methods to collect and present powertrain/vehicle systems data and information, which increases value to the customer.
- Gather voice of the customer feedback for software design engineers to solve customer issues and implement new solutions to satisfy customer needs related to powertrain/vehicle system development, validation, and testing.
- Review customer data and reports to verify correctness, completeness, data fidelity, and value
- Confer with engineers and other personnel to root cause and resolve system malfunctions, implement operating procedures, and provide technical information to the customer.
- Conduct engineering tests that will analyze the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of Control-Tec equipment, software, and systems
- Establish and maintain customer/internal data creation standards
- Maintain customer/supplier contact and assist in Supplier Management
- Develop engineering solutions within assigned project(s) scope and timing
- Contribute to project quotes, various reports, presentations, and studies
- Continue to stay current in training in the latest calibration technology
- Bachelor’s Degree -Automotive, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- Knowledge of OE & aftermarket engine, OBD, transmission or vehicle systems calibration, validation, and development.
- Knowledge of product development tools including data acquisition, management, and analysis tools
- Knowledge of programming languages such as python and/or C
- Knowledge or experience in working for Commercial Vehicle or Passenger Car companies
- Experience or education in data science
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This role interacts with both external customers and internal management.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Must be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and understand how individual tasks interconnect and impact other parts of the testing process.
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence – build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
Aptiv rewards and advantages:
Competitive compensation with bonus potential
Competitive health benefits
401K with matching contribution
Learning and development opportunities
Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
Recognition for innovation and excellence
Opportunities to give back to the community
Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.