Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
About Aptiv & Movimento:
In November 2017, Aptiv acquired Movimento and their software management services that deliver vehicles up-to-date and reliable software. From in-plant installation to global reflashing, software management services alleviate the logistical burdens manufacturers face when adjusting to an increasingly software-defined industry.
About this position
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for software design, coding, unit test creation using C/C++, programming. They will develop scripts and work with cross-functional project teams to provide an excellent level of customer satisfaction. This engineer will work with the In Plant Flash & Manufacturing Over The Air (MOTA) team to support customers locally and globally. This engineer will report to the In Plant Flash Engineering Supervisor. This position will support the customer in time-sensitive, technically challenging, automotive software diagnostic issues. The candidate should be able to communicate effectively, work with both technical and non-technical peers and customers and be willing to work hard to meet customer expectations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- 20% – 40% travel may be required with the first year of hire, will go down to 10%-20% after that.
- Perform software coding using C/C++
- Analyze and interpret specifications and extract requirements.
- Research, design, and write new software programs.
- Perform testing on new programs and resolve any issues.
- Develop existing software programs further through modifications.
- Work with colleagues to clarify or resolve issues and develop designs.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Write operational procedure documentation with technical authors.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Work closely with other staff, such as Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Program Managers.
- Consult with customers/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software in a real-time environment.
- Travel to customer and/or supplier locations to support job duties as needed.
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with company values.
- Assist customers who require immediate and/or emergency services by going above and beyond to ensure completion in a timely and successful manner.
- Work with customer-dedicated teams to support job activities, including working onsite at customer locations as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer science, software engineering or computer engineering
- Knowledge/experience of Object Orientated languages and programming
- Knowledge/experience of C language and programming
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- CAN, UDS, DoIP (Automotive Ethernet) and similar experience
- Ford GGDS, GMLAN, GM Global B, Powernet (FCA) and similar experience
- Vector tools experience (CANoe, CANopy, CANalyzer) experience
- 1-3 years automotive diagnostics experience
- Object Oriented Programming with C# (not required)
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
• Competitive compensation with bonus potential
• Competitive health benefits
• 401K with matching contribution
• Learning and development opportunities
• Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
• Recognition for innovation and excellence
• Opportunities to give back to the community
• Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.