911 Telecommunicator - 911 Dispatch
Receives calls and dispatches for all public safety within Allegan County, emergency and non-emergency related. Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) record entry and management for law enforcement and courts.
Starting Wage: $21.79 per hour, full time, 12 hour shifts
Excellent Benefits Plan: Benefits begin on the first of the month after your hire date
- Medical, Dental & Vision (3 medical plans to choose from, 2 of which are FREE)
- County-funded Health Savings Account with our two high-deductible medical plans
- County-paid employee life insurance coverage
- County-paid short-term disability coverage, up to 52 weeks
- Generous retirement plan, including a county contribution of 7% of your annual earnings
- Tuition Reimbursement Program for college degree courses
- Generous PTO plan, including front-loaded hours into PTO bank at hire, and annually on January 1.
- 13 paid holidays, in addition to PTO
- FREE use of Allegan County government's two fitness centers
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Processes all emergency and non-emergency public safety and public service calls within Allegan County. Prioritizes calls and department response and dispatches appropriate resource.
- Monitors all countywide work station alarms.
- Manages the Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) system.
- Performs Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) utilizing EMD protocols established by the Allegan County Medical Control Authority Board.
- Answers and processes administrative calls for all public safety and government related agencies.
- Record management logs for: Service Vehicle Rotation, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), lost and found, road conditions and closures, livestock, animal records, phone records, medical examiners, on-call for courts, Child Protective Services (CPS), Dive Team, SWAT Team, Marine Patrol, etc.
- Operates radio consoles, audio recorders, Enhanced 911 (E911) displays, computer aided dispatching (CAD) terminals, Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) and National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Emergency Alert System (EAS), keyboard, CAD, CAD mapping, Mobile Computer Terminals (MCT) Outdoor Warning Sirens, Teletype (TTP), Public Safety Alert Monitors (PSAM), Fleet Eyes, Emergency Management Network (EMNET).
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties as assigned.
- Contacts non-public safety related agencies that work with Allegan County Central Dispatch (ACCD) on a routine basis.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) and up to one year of specialized of technical training beyond high school.
- Within one year of hire must be Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD) certified, Law Enforcement Information Network (LEIN) certified and have completed a State basic dispatching course.
- Keyboard speed and accuracy with a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Prefer two years of experience in the public safety related field.
Allegan County is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. A copy of our EEO Utilization report is available on our website: