Requisition Number: VARIA02710
Responsibilities include variant analysis of diagnostic molecular genetic test results; evaluation of published literature, clinical data and review of both functional and in silico data to provide accurate, thorough, and thoughtful clinical interpretation of results. Write research articles in collaboration with other medical professionals and colleagues outside and inside the organization, if data is relevant to the scientific community. Additional responsibilities as designated by supervisor/manager and/or with increasing seniority (Variant Assessment Scientist III).
- Write and interpret molecular test results, including relevant medical literature reviews and summary.
- Participate in updating variant classification guidelines and developing gene specific classification guidelines.
- Research novel ways to assess sequence variants.
- Manage and follow guidelines of variant pre-classification workflow to maximize reporting results within published turn-around times.
- Train new variant team members or clinical team.Job Requirements:
- PhD and/or MD with expertise in molecular genetics, human genetics, molecular pathology or related field. MS in molecular biology, genetics ore related field with exceptional expertise and outstanding job performance is also considered.
- Thorough and ongoing knowledge of current theories and principles of human genetics. Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey difficult information in a clear, kind, and respectful manner. Willingness and ability to work in and contribute to a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Prior experience in variant assessment and reporting specialty preferred.
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (and traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Ambry does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters, third party recruiting agencies, outside recruiters or firms without an executed contract in place. We are not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by Ambry. Such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Ambry and will be processed accordingly.