Are you motivated to participate in a dynamic, multi-tasking environment? Do you want to join a company that invests in its employees? Are you seeking a position where you can use your skills while continuing to be challenged and learn? Then we encourage you to dive deeper into this opportunity.
We believe in career development and empowering our employees. Not only do we provide career coaches internally, but we offer many training opportunities to expand your knowledge base! We have highly competitive benefits with a variety HMO and PPO options. We have company 401k match along with an Employee Stock Purchase Program. We have tuition reimbursement, leadership development, and even start employees off with 16 days of paid time off plus holidays. We offer wellness courses and have highly engaged employee resource groups. Come join the Neo team and be part of our amazing World Class Culture!
NeoGenomics is looking for a Quality Control Specialist, Pathology Support for our Aliso Viejo, CA location who wants to continue to learn in order to allow our company to grow.
Now that you know what we're looking for in talent, let us tell you why you'd want to work at NeoGenomics:
As an employer, we promise to provide you with a purpose driven mission in which you have the opportunity to save lives by improving patient care through the exceptional work you perform. Together, we will become the world's leading cancer reference laboratory.
The Quality Control Specialist, Pathology Support is responsible for reviewing test reports (and laboratory records, as needed) to ensure accuracy and completeness of real-time reports based on standard procedures, basic clinical trial requirements, logic checks, GDP and standard reporting requirements. The Quality Control Specialist reports to the Director of Project Management Operations under the Pharma Project Support organization and helps to ensure quality, accuracy, accountability for the successful delivery of real-time reports to investigational sites and study sponsors.
- Perform quality control checks of real-time reports to identify and resolve any issues (demographic errors, GDP issues, and incomplete or erroneous results based on logic checks) before releasing results to investigational sites and study sponsors.
- Coordinate with Project Managers, QA, and other functions as needed to effectively perform QC review of test reports (via LV8, APvX, or manual reporting).
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of data reported and record the associated evidence (via LV8, APvX, or paper reporting).
- Improve productivity and efficiency of the reporting process and monitoring of TAT.
- Identify gaps within the PS department to develop and improve process efficiency, reliability, and quality.
- Work with Project Management Operations Leadership and the Project Manager for Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs within PMO to identify process improvement opportunities to help ensure quality and deliver the highest level of service to our clients.
- Follow internal and external standards for GCP/GDP.
- Complete projects within established timelines with required quality
- Participate in work assignments to meet departmental needs and company goals
- Adhere to NeoGenomics Laboratories Core Values, Safety, & Compliance policies and procedures.
- Accurately follow Pharma Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Sponsor-Specific Procedures (SSPs).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field; e.g., medicine, science, business, or engineering
1+ years experience performing quality control functions in a healthcare setting.
- Can work quickly & accurately
- Proactive and organized
- Effective communicator
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Experienced with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills sufficient for developing productive professional working relationships with a diverse variety of colleagues.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written SOPs, and encourages others to do so.
- Collaborative & works well with others
- Positive influence on others in terms of work ethic & the Neo Core Values.
- Internally motivated, able to motivate others through positive means.
- Able to work in a biohazard environment & comply with safety policies and standards defined in the Safety Manual.
- Able to participate in and eventually lead completion of long complex quality-related projects with limited supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.