Currently, we are seeking a talented Commissions Accounting Specialist to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
The Commissions Accounting Specialist processes policy transfers and cross-train on other team responsibilities.
Review and update policy and commission systems due to requests such as: set up producer contract profiles, perform policy servicing and/or compensation changes, conduct accounting and auditing of the general ledger and financial reporting systems
- Update the servicing and commissionable producer(s) on policies in the designated system(s)
- Review and set up producer profiles based on the applicable office relationship in the compensation system to enable commission disbursement.
- Coordinates and analyzes contracting, compensation, and compliance requests, along with accounting and auditing of the general ledger and financial reporting systems.
- Ability to work with multiple computer systems concurrently
- Compile, organize and assess financial and commission data
- Manage commission workload to ensure that due dates are met
- Identify, review, coordinate and communicate on routine and complex inforce policy customer requests.
Factors for Success:
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required
- Must have basic math and analytical skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Must have planning, organizational, problem-solving, time management and decision-making abilities
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently on assignments of various levels and the ability to work under tight deadlines
- 3+ years of relative work experience preferred
Aliso Viejo, CA
Full Time / Part Time
About Pacific Life
Pacific Life is a growth-oriented company with a strong and competitive position within the life insurance, retirement savings, and reinsurance markets. It holds top 15 market positions in almost all of its key products and has a diverse product portfolio serving the key markets of the highly affluent, broad market, small and mid-size businesses, and the institutional space. It has a global presence through its reinsurance business, with key markets in the U.K., Asia, and Australia. Pacific Life's structure as a mutual holding company is a competitive advantage, allowing the company to make decisions with a long-term view for the best interests of the organization and its policyholders. Pacific Life has a stellar reputation for service and value to the financial intermediaries and distribution channels that distribute our products.
We firmly believe each of our employees play a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life provides an exciting work environment where your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas are valued. We are committed to giving you the resources and space to do your best work and feel good about the impact you make.
Pacific Life is ranked 298th on the 2019 Forbes Fortune 500 list, has been named one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute, and was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Midsize Employers for 2019.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.