Requisition Number: CLINI02706
The Clinical Assistant team provides support to various departments and acts as the liaison between both internal and external groups. The Clinical Assistant I is primarily responsible for providing accurate technical and clinical information to clients, patients, and all other internal teams. This role also helps organize workflows by tracking cases throughout the lab and reporting process and following up with clients and patients as needed.
- Provide accurate technical and clinical information to clients and patients; follow-up and communicate with clients for order specific information and documentation, while ensuring outstanding customer experience.
- Provide support to internal teams by addressing and/or triaging clinical inquiries and requests appropriately.
- Monitor and track cases through the lab and reporting processes using personal follow-up lists and team audits.
- Maintain current knowledge of Ambry’s products, policies, protocols, and information technology systems.
- Provide support to various internal teams with additional projects including but not limited to data mining, non-standard protocols and research and development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with multi-tasking responsibilities while maintaining high level of attention to detail.
- General computer & Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Flexibility regarding job assignment and changes to workflow.
- Additional skills: organized, time management & prioritization, problem-solving & trouble shooting.
- Experience working in the healthcare industry preferred, but not required.
- Customer service experience preferred, but not required.
Ambry Genetics Corporation is a CAP-accredited and CLIA-licensed molecular genetics laboratory based in Aliso Viejo, California. We are a genetics-based healthcare company that is dedicated to open scientific exchange so we can work together to understand and treat all human disease faster.
At Ambry, everyone is welcome. A career at Ambry Genetics is a chance to be part of a dynamic company that aims to improve health by understanding the relationships between genetics and human disease. We earned our reputation as industry leaders by responsibly introducing cutting-edge genetic testing solutions and continually sharing what we learn with the global scientific community.
At Ambry you will be learning, challenging yourself, and having fun while collaborating with teammates through the open exchange of ideas. Our outstanding benefits program includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, FSA, and generous paid time off (PTO) program. Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Ambry Genetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race (and traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Ambry does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters, third party recruiting agencies, outside recruiters or firms without an executed contract in place. We are not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by Ambry. Such resumes will be deemed the sole property of Ambry and will be processed accordingly.