New Business Representative II
With little or no guidance process simple to complex financial transactions as appropriate. Communicate with and / or create correspondence for producers, field offices, and external interested parties as applicable. Coordinate with other departments to determine solutions or resolve issues. Supports workflow management by working in different queues as assigned and proactively continues to build upon processing knowledge and skills.
- Review, evaluate and process all levels of case work including escalated issues according to department procedures with an increased level of independence.
- Analyzes case information and identifies appropriate action path based on where the case is in the process.
- Provides and collects information ensuring systems are both updated and noted with the appropriate level of detail
- Consults necessary Life Division resources to determine regulatory, product and case design requirements
- Communicates with and/or creates correspondence for producers, field offices and external interested parties as applicable
- Adapts quickly to changing responsibilities and maintains effective knowledge of other tasks previously assigned
- Leverage training opportunities to develop new skills toward more complex processing
- Participates as subject matter expert in projects and initiatives as assigned
- Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of office experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with and request information from the field
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Basic math reasoning and accounting skills
- Good analytical/decision making skills
- Some customer service background
- Understanding of life insurance concepts and products is preferred
- Must be motivated and have ability to take initiative and be accountable
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
Aliso Viejo, CA
Full Time / Part Time
About Pacific Life
Pacific Life is a growth-oriented company with a strong and competitive position within the life insurance, retirement savings, and reinsurance markets. It holds top 15 market positions in almost all of its key products and has a diverse product portfolio serving the key markets of the highly affluent, broad market, small and mid-size businesses, and the institutional space. It has a global presence through its reinsurance business, with key markets in the U.K., Asia, and Australia. Pacific Life's structure as a mutual holding company is a competitive advantage, allowing the company to make decisions with a long-term view for the best interests of the organization and its policyholders. Pacific Life has a stellar reputation for service and value to the financial intermediaries and distribution channels that distribute our products.
We firmly believe each of our employees play a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life provides an exciting work environment where your energy, enthusiasm, and ideas are valued. We are committed to giving you the resources and space to do your best work and feel good about the impact you make.
Pacific Life is ranked 298th on the 2019 Forbes Fortune 500 list, has been named one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute, and was named by Forbes as one of America's Best Midsize Employers for 2019.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: • Competitive salary and bonus program • Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees • Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) • Generous vacation time and holiday pay • And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.