Requisition Number: PARAP03939
Work. With Purpose
Spectrum, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
Check out this ChanceLight video and visit our website to learn about the ChanceLight’s three divisions and their respective companies.
Classroom Instructional Aides use group and individual instruction in the classroom and the community to implement students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEP) and to help them develop skills that allow them to improve the quality of their lives – and to be active members of their community.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Behavioral Health and Education, which provides behavioral health and special and alternative education to students in more than 27 states nationwide.
- Implements curriculum (including all on-site and community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual Transition Plan)/ PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to meet each student’s goals and objectives,.
- Consults with Supervisor on the progress of students and the implementation of the IEP/ITP/PBIP and assists in transition plans for integrating the student back to a public school placement (mainstreaming/inclusion) or to an adult program.
- Follows the classroom schedule which addresses each student’s IEP/ITP goals including community and vocational goals, group instruction, any Designated Instructional Services (DIS) and/or schedule revisions.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation on student’s behavior as outlined by school procedures; reports observations to relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations. Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily activities log as required. Maintains confidentiality of student information and records at all times.
- Participates in the data collection process by collecting, recording, and maintaining data required by student programs, classroom records, and data computer systems as assigned by the Supervisor; and provides input for the development of Functional Analyses of Behavior and Positive Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Performs job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the training of students, on-campus or at community job sites in appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills. Keeps supervisor informed of issues regarding student’s vocational skills and/or placement.
- Provides for the basic physical needs of students as needed (e.g., toileting and diapering, ensure students receive their medications, assist with feeding students, assist with hygiene, etc.).
- Maintains safety and security of the facility through close observation and monitoring of the students, maintaining optimal physical proximity, remaining alert at all times, and using analytical forethought to anticipate potentially volatile or unsafe situations to proactively intervene.
- Complies with all company policies/procedures and regulatory requirements and reports any known or suspected violations to his/her supervisor or through other means identified in company policy.
- Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary using the least restrictive method by anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors, utilizing appropriate de-escalation techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety concerns, following proper physical restraint techniques, and displaying neutral emotions.
- Consistently meets school and regulatory training requirements by attending all mandatory meetings and training sessions as required.
- Assures cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom by assisting in cleaning, filing, and preparing materials and proactively assists in all security, maintenance, and safety functions as required for the overall facility.
- Participates as a team member and promotes a positive work environment by demonstrating cooperation, compromise, and appropriate expression of opinion and by treating others with consideration, courtesy, and respect.
- Assists with other daily classroom functions and special assignments as directed; including, but not limited to, substitute teaching.
- Assists with the planning and preparation of educational materials and activities and maintains individual student data binders and communication devices/books.
Join the Spectrum Family! - YouTube
The ChanceLight Story.