We reward our employees with:
- Competitive wages with shift differentials for night shifts
- 401(k) with company match
- HSA eligible Medical, dental, prescription and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
• 8 paid holidays
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability coverage
- Long term disability insurance coverage
- Onsite nurse
- Health & wellness coaching
- Gym/Health club membership reimbursement
- Safety Incentives
- Education Reimbursement
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reading and understanding all information pertaining to assigned machine on factory order before running.
- Verifies at the start of the run and at the beginning of each shift that the correct materials, as specified on the job ticket, are being used.
- Responsible for understanding machine capabilities and running machine at maximum run speed.
- Check finished goods and materials for imperfections, removing those with defects and following the appropriate quality insurance protocols.
- Ensure that all required paperwork is filled out completely including Daily worksheets and table sheets.
- Work closely with the cell personnel assigned to your machine to help with making boxes, taping boxes, and packing boxes when needed to ensure efficient production times.
- Aid Operators in anyway necessary to minimize downtime
- Use good judgment and “best for business“ tactics when dealing with trouble shooting problems and opportunities.
- Apply Lean philosophy through Kaizen event participation, improvement activities and lean initiatives to support corporate objectives.
- Assist in participating in Root Cause Countermeasure activities to identify areas where improvement is needed and put a plan in motion to address those areas.
- Participation in continuous improvement efforts in value stream to ensure waste reduction, cost savings, increase speed, and on time delivery
- Maintain housekeeping activities including cleaning press and work area, follow 6S process: Safety, Sort, Set, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain.
Duties may be changed or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) and three to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions and SOPs in English. Must be able to present information to team.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn company-specific production data collection system.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, demanding production environment.
- Demonstrate willingness to accept direction from supervisors, management, and peers.
- Willing to work OT and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be extremely trustworthy, flexible, and dependable with a good attendance history.
- Self-motivated and able to perform with little direction.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to accurately complete high volumes of work
- Exceptional problem solving skills.
- May be required to view labels and/or other finished goods with assistance of strobe light (Warning: Strobe lights may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photosensitive epilepsy).
While performing the duties of this job, The employee is frequently required to stand and/or walk for up to 12 hours per shift;s stoop, kneel, and/or crawl; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear; and lift up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.