Who We Are
We are problem-solvers, analysts and engineers – all powered by changing the way the world interacts with data. Our roots are in data mapping and advanced analytics to help people, and our passion is bringing together new ideas and technology all in the name of helping our customers go further, faster.
Where You Come In
The Engineering Operations position of Software Engineer is a client-focused developer role with Semantic AI. You will base your activities out of our Washington DC-area Headquarters in Alexandria, VA, but will be called upon to work at various customer sites as needed in the capacity described below. The primary focus of your work effort will be software development project support in direct response to customer needs as assigned by the Director of Engineering Operations. These efforts will span both Desktop and Server products.
- Maintain existing desktop software
- Design new software capabilities for desktop and enterprise level software
- Apply your attention to detail and desire to build and test quality code in an agile team environment
- Integrate with various data sources such as web services and databases
- Document software and integrated solutions
- Work with other developers, configuration managers, and analyst subject matter experts to execute deliveries on time and within coding standards
Minimum Required Technical Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or similar study or equivalent experience
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in the Java environment
- Experience with Java/J2EE development
- Linux proficiency
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Agile development experience
- Familiarity with Spring framework, JPA, Swing
- Familiarity with database technologies
- SQL / PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with indexing technologies
- Elasticsearch, SOLR / Lucene
- REST, SOAP, JSON, and XML web services
- Azure and/or AWS certifications are a big plus
We welcome your…
- Active Secret Security Clearance (required); Top Secret with eligibility for SCI access (highly preferred)
- DHS Background Investigation (highly preferred)
- Engineering prowess in implementing effective approaches to real world data problems, intuitive user interfaces, and powerful data ingest solutions
- Ability to fully understand a user story and to tell that story in a compelling way through software demonstrations
- Experience problem-solving and diagnosing issues in the field and customizing software solutions while working directly in the user's environment
- Experience in integrating new software capabilities based on direct customer feedback and team innovations to improve the real difference our products make in a wide variety of knowledge discovery uses in settings ranging from the Intelligence Community to global commercial businesses to non-profit organizations
- Polished interpersonal and communications skills (written & verbal) in customer-facing situations and team collaboration settings
If you bring innovation, energy and applied knowledge of the above to the table and have a driving interest in linked data, semantic networks, data mining, analytics, graph theory, social network analysis and ontologies, we'd love to discuss your role on the team.
Semantic AI is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.