Full Time Emergency Medical Technician.
Cardiac monitoring and testing. Applies orthopedic splinting devices. Collects patient specimens following department and facility policies and procedures. Provides wound care according to department clinical practice standards and acts as a resource to physicians and nurses to provide patients with optimum care. Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies to optimize delivery of patient care and treatment. Assists with patient transport for testing, admission/discharge, interfacility, and aeromedical (per Policy of Operating Unit).
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there's no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
EXPERIENCE:EMT basic or 1-2 years Clinical Technician or related experience.
High school diploma or GED
BLS and EMT-B; must either be active on the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) or possess a current Virginia EMT License/Certification.
TRAINING: Ideal candidate will need to be able to attend 6 weeks full time training.
Able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Skilled verbal and written communication.