Engage with new and existing members, provide exceptional fitness experiences that safely and effectively help members achieve their fitness goals, and sell fitness programs that appropriately meet the needs of the members.
- Deliver the Ultimate Fitness Experience to every member, every time
- Schedule and conduct new member orientation, pre-exercise biometrics and goal evaluations
- Execute exercise programs for a wide variety of members
- Orient new members to facilities, introduce them to fitness, and provide a meaningful entry point to all training opportunities
- Convert Smart Start experiences into fitness sessions
- Sell personal training and meet all personal training performance goals
- Create safe and effective exercise programs
- Keep accurate and detailed records of program progress
- Qualify leads using the Exercise Readiness Questionnaire and Member Profile
- Maintain personal training clients
- Train members and deliver personal training sessions that exceed US Fitness standards
- Understand and follow employee standards of conduct and ethics
- Understand and uphold club building, facilities, service, program, and emergency procedures
- Complete all in-house training as assigned
- Act as Manager on Duty when necessary
- Assume other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to motivate and nurture others
- Outwardly facing professional appearance
- Confidence and desire to create new relationships quickly
- Ability to quickly acquire and apply new knowledge and skills
- Ability to manage team members effectively
- Demonstrated selling skills
- Strong work ethic that includes punctuality, organization, and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude
- Ability to handle challenging customer experiences with patience, tact, and professionalism
- Understanding of basic cash procedures
- Basic computer skills
Required Experience, Education, & Certifications:
- Nationally recognized personal training certification from a US Fitness accepted provider required
- CPR/AED certification required
- Participate in professional development and continuing education opportunities in order to maintain national certification as established with Fitness Director
Physical Activities, Physical Requirements, Visual Acuity & Working Conditions:
Physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performs mechanical or skilled trades tasks of a non-repetitive nature, such as carpenter, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc.
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
All US Fitness team members receive:
- Complimentary Membership and Guest Privileges
- Discounts on Personal Training, Mind&Body, Aquatics, and Kids Programs
- Discounts on Serenity Day Spa Services and all apparel
- Employee Referral Bonus
- In-house Continuing Education Credits and CEC Reimbursement
Additional Full Time Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Benefits and Group Life Insurance Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
US FITNESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
US Fitness is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all hiring and employment practices strictly in accordance with applicable employment discrimination laws and regulations. Discrimination in employment on the basis of any classification protected under federal, state, or local law is a violation of our policy and is illegal. The Company does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), pregnancy, protected veteran status, status as a uniformed service member under the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (“uniformed service member status“), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other categories defined by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the LAW
Reasonable Accommodations:If you have an inquiry about an application or have a physical and/or mental disability and need special accommodations applying for a job using our online application system, please call 703-740-9009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relocation:Candidates outside of the specified area are welcome to apply but if selected for an interview, they must be willing to travel at own cost. Relocation assistance is not offered.