We are North America's leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering and promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Security Professionals and today hold positions on our senior leadership team. In fact, over 65% of our managerial positions are filled by internal candidates.
For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
Start your phenomenal career with Allied Universal today!
Seeking Security Officers, Military Veterans, and Law Enforcement Officers
Allied Universal (AUS) is seeking Security Officers, Military Veterans or Law Enforcement officers with the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance that have experience in Security/Law Enforcement and are well suited to become part of a prestigious contractor providing TS Armed Guard force in the Fort Belvoir or Chantilly, Virginia areas.
Additionally, AUS is seeking Individuals with emergency response expertise/training and/or Security Operation Center (SOC) expertise/training.
AUS is currently seeking entry level and first line supervisors to be uniformed Armed Top Secret Cleared Security Protection Officers (SPO) to fill positions as part of a prestigious government contract in the Northern Virginia area.
AUS SPOs will deter and report damage or other improper or unlawful threats to the client. AUS SPOs will report disposition of property or acts of espionage, sabotage, or wrongful destruction within designated area(s). Provide monitoring, dispatch and response to intrusion detection, smoke and fire alarm, and CCTV events. Detect and report potentially hazardous conditions in buildings and patrolled areas; report items in need of repair such as inoperative locks, water and gas leaks, slippery floor surfaces, or any other potentially dangerous situation. Provide access management services. Deter and report violations of site security regulations, as required. Provide documentation and reports of all incidents and investigations. Respond to medical emergencies and provide emergency response and follow-up reporting. Manage and control all keys and safe/vault combinations, as designated by the Security personnel.
AUS Security Protection Officer (SPO) must be able to perform the following:
- Man posts (Standing or Walking for up to 12 hours)
- Controlling Access to site compound and other designated facilities
- Enforcement of badging systems
- Patrolling (walking) facility up to several miles per day
- Perform Medical first responders duties, as required
- Provide detailed incident reports, as required
- Communicate relevant information on a timely basis
- Provide actions as necessary in the event of situations affecting the security of the facility
- Ensure a safe workplace for personnel
- Perform duties in accordance with Post Orders (POs) and Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Monitor and respond as directed to alarms and surveillance systems
- Comply with instructions on the proper use of force
- Respond to Active shooter, workplace violence events
To qualify for consideration as an AUS Security Protection Officer (SPO), applicants:
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Must be willing to work if hired for 18-months on-site
- Must submit to and pass a psychological examination
- Must submit to and pass a polygraph examination
- Must have a GED or higher
- Must be 21 years of age or older with no criminal convictions
- Must be physically capable of standing a 12-hour post and be able to respond to events carrying up to 25 pounds of equipment
- Must be physically capable of running, jumping, crawling and climbing (Applicants will be tested)
- Must have at least one (1) of the following experience levels listed below:
- Minimum of four (4) years of security experience within the past five (5) years and/or;
- Minimum of four (4) years of military experience and/or;
- Minimum of four (4) years law enforcement experience
- Must be proficient in English (Written & Spoken) and be able to communicate clearly to others
- Must have working knowledge of firearms and ability to qualify with a 9mm pistol & shotgun
- Must submit to and pass a physical examination to include a drug screen and color blindness test
- Must submit to and pass a paid 3 week company sponsored Security Officer Class.
AUS offers full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401K, In-house promotions/growth opportunities, 15 minutes of paid roll-call daily, two weeks paid vacation, 10 paid Federal Holidays (working or not), performance rewards, quarterly recognition ceremonies
Longevity Pay Increases and Annual Pay Increases!
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America's leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.