Job Class: Clinical Program Therapist 3
Working Title: Licensed Social Worker
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 11/05/2019
Closing Date: 11/18/2019
Hiring Agency: Department of Human Services
Division/Unit: Direct Care & Treatment / Mental Health & Substance Abuse Treatment Services
Work Shift: Rotating Shift
Work Hours: Standard hours are 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. - will be required to work an occasional late day shift (11:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.).
Days of Work: Standard days are Monday - Friday - will be required to work occasional Saturday shifts.
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $25.94 - $38.29/hourly; $54,163 - $79,950/annually
Classified Status: Classified
FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Community Behavioral Health Hospital (CBHH) in Alexandria, MN is seeking a talented, mission driven, person centered Licensed Social Worker to join our team dedicated to helping people on the road to recovery. Operated by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, CBHH are acute inpatient treatment facilities of no more than 16 beds designed to provide rapid assessment and stabiliztion of patients in need of acute pscyhiatric hospitalization. Service Delivery is provided collaboratively through an integrated treatment model.
The Licensed Social Worker functions as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team responsible for the care and treatment of patients in acute psychiatric status and delivers integrated health care and social services to patients of CBHH.
- Participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team in the assessment, screening, and treatment plan formulation and carry out plan.
- Provide appropriate treatment and therapy to patients consistent with their treatment plan as indicated and within the scope of practice.
- Provide psychosocial education and information for patients.
- Coordinate proactive discharge planning and referrals.
- Establish productive relationships with community providers who serve same children/adolescents; particularly county case managers, law enforcement, CSP personnel, behavioral health center personnel, and hospital personnel.
- Support the treatment efforts of co-workers as long as they do not exceed the scope of any license standards required for their own position.
To qualify, you must satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, behavior analysis, or related field; AND
- Be licensed or eligible for licensure by the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Social Worker (LSW); AND
- Have three (3) years of post-Bachelor's degree experience providing clinical services.
- Have a Master's degree in psychology, social work, behavior analysis, or related field; AND
- Be licensed or eligible for licensure by the State of Minnesota as a Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW); Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW); OR Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW); AND
- Have one (1) year of post-Master's degree experience providing clinical services, including group and individual therapy and interventions.
Previous experience working in a behavioral health setting. Knowledge and experience regarding available community mental health resources and methods of accessing those, working with individuals with dual diagnosis. Previous experience in conducting therapeutic groups and family education.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
Reference/Background checks - The Department of Human services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply“ at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jennifer Westrum at email@example.com.
If you are applying as a Connect 700 candidate, please email your eligibility certificate and Job ID #36752 to Jessica Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651.431.4945.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Return to Previous Page