Automation and Controls Management Engineer
Req Number: 4242
The Automation and Controls Management Engineer (ACME) is responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical Automation Systems. This incumbent will also serve as the technical expert for all areas of the Automation and Control Systems. The ACME will partner with IT, Operations, and 3rd party automation providers to provide a robust support system for ensuring a high degree of systems' availability and quick escalation and resolution of system issues. Other duties include design and configuration of automation systems and system application s to accomplish business objectives, to investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements, develop system specifications, and provide leadership and project management in order to provide a high level of service to the Operations department. The ACME will provide supervision of automation and controls' staff.
Principal Job Duties:
* Designs and develops new control systems
* Oversees and plans the maintenance and modification of existing systems
* Manages the support for a 24/7 production operation
* Works collaboratively with design engineers, operation engineers, IT, purchasers, and other internal staff
* Liaising with clients, suppliers, contractors, and relevant regulatory bodies (e.g., FDA)
* Project management within cost and time constrained environments
* Sets up systems for the troubleshooting and problem-solving of IT systems, Industrial Automation Systems, and Plant Floor Instrumentation
* Understands and ensures compliance with the Health and Safety Regulations and Quality standards
* Provides advice and consultancy support
* Purchases equipment
* Writes specifications for new software requirements
* Develops new business proposals
* Accepts responsibility and a level of accountability commensurate with the seniority of the position
* Provides troubleshooting help and guidance to the plant's maintenance department as required
* Assists in the development of a technical training program for the maintenance department in the areas of process controls, electrical systems, and instrumentation
* Maintains positive and service-oriented work relationships with our customers, vendors, and internal operational business partners
* Complies with all company policies, procedures, and safety standard requirements
* Performs other duties as assigned by management
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* High school diploma or GED
* Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field and 2 years of professional level job related experience; OR 5 years of professional level job related experience.
* 2 years of professional level job related experience in a manufacturing environment.
* 2 years of experience in managerial or leadership position.
* Allen Bradley PLCs, SLCs, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, PanelView, & PanelView Plus Ability to read department documents and reports.
* Rockwell RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalkView ME & PanelBuilder
* Omron PLCs
* Omron CX-One
* Wonderware InTouch, ArchestrA System Platform, MES, Information Server, Historian, I/O Servers & DA Servers
* ACP ThinManager, ThinServer
* Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Server 2000, Server 2003, Server 2008
* Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
* Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
* Microsoft Visual Studio
* Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
* Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook & Vision
* AutoCAD LT
* AutoCAD Electrical
* Adobe Acrobat
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with co-workers and persons outside of the organization as part of job duties.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously, attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
* Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast paced environment), meet deadlines, make effective decisions, and handle frequent interruptions.
* Strong analytical, negotiating, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Ability to lead team meetings and provide valuable input in upper management discussions.
Pay Rate $110,000.00