Arconic has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical and Control Systems Engineer to work with Arconic’s Global Rolled Products and Extrusions (GRPE) Manufacturing Technology – Smart and Automation Team. The Electrical and Control Systems Engineer will provide expert consulting service, advice, and on-site support for Arconic’s GRPE network in the areas of equipment reliability and process improvement.
The GRPE Manufacturing Technology group is responsible for equipment reliability improvement, process improvement, equipment troubleshooting and upgrade support, automation and smart manufacturing, standard practice implementation, and major capital projects. This is a key role in the global Manufacturing, Technology organization within the Global Rolled Products and Extrusions (GRPE) business group of Arconic Inc. This business group has several domestic and international locations, with various manufacturing facilities the Electrical and Systems Control Engineer will support. The incumbent will be required to act with a high degree of autonomy in the performance of assignments. The home of the group and the ideal location for the incumbent is based 20 miles outside of Knoxville, TN, but the internal applicants may also choose to be based in Lancaster, PA, Davenport, IA, or New Kensington, PA.
- The incumbent will report into the Smart and Automation Manager for the GRPE Manufacturing Technology which is responsible for the deployment of Smart Manufacturing and Automation solutions, including the electrical aspects of equipment, control systems, process support, and capital projects globally.
- Responsibility for the deployment and enhancement of process control systems as well as optimization of process equipment for improving quality and capacity.
- Responsible for equipment design, process control systems (PCS), and operations related to manufacturing processes associated with sheet and plate processing and extrusion technology;
- Optimization of process equipment for improving quality and capacity, and deployment and enhancement of process control systems;
- Be a self-starter with ability to determine priorities based upon specific business needs of our various GRPE businesses;
- Able to work well with a broad group of cultures and cross functional teams;
- Strong leadership for both completion of development projects and successful implementation in our production facilities;
- Solve difficult equipment and process problems for all Arconic’s Global Rolled Products and Extrusions locations;
- The position requires travel, 25-50% of the time. Some of the travel may be international with the majority being in North America.
- The position may require relocation; this will be determined on a case-by case basis. This position could be located in Knoxville, TN; Davenport, IA; New Kensington, PA; or Lancaster, PA
- Bachelor’s in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 10 years of Electrical Engineering or Automation systems experience
- 10 years of experience in application of automation solutions in a manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated experience in aluminum or steel industry, with experience of working on rolling processes in an engineering position
- Experience of working on capital projects: project management, engineering, installation and commissioning
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- 15 years’ experience in aluminum or steel industry, with experience of working on rolling processes in an engineering position
- Ability to work in Linux operating systems
- ‘C’ programming language experience
- Experience specifying and/or programming / applying Rockwell and Siemens PLC’s, HMI’s, and drives
- MSEE with focus on control systems