Refrigeration Service Lead
Apply now “
Date: Nov 5, 2019
Location: Albuquerque, NM, US, 87110
Company: Dover Corporation
Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation® (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
Job Title: Service Lead
FLSA Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Department: The AMS Group; Service Department
Reports to: Service Manager (Primary), Director of Operations (Secondary)
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hillphoenix is an industry-leading designer, manufacturer and installation of commercial refrigerated display cases, commercial and industrial refrigeration systems, Walk-In Coolers and freezers, and electrical distribution products for commercial and industrial applications.
We are looking for a Service Lead to help us build our Albuquerque, NM market. The Service Lead oversees the field service personnel assigned who performs onsite emergency and routine services. A Service Lead is considered a working supervisor with provided authority for personnel actions. This position requires regular communication with the office and service manager to ensure personnel assigned are dispatched correctly and the customer service is maintained at the highest standard. Service Leads will have responsibilities to managing schedules, financial performance of customer base, technician training and support of Human Resource Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safety inspection and management of team assigned
- Ability to utilize computer software for management of schedules, excel, etc.
- Check dispatch board each morning and communicate with dispatch to ensure the assigned team is dispatched to the right calls.
- Review calls completed the day prior as needed to confirm satisfactory completion or follow ups are correct and scheduled in a timely manner
- Meet monthly with assigned service manager to review the open ticket reports to ensure that all follow ups are completed within a 30 day window.
- Support assigned service manager in survey and customer quote requests
- Manage the team assigned when on call for after hours, weekends, and holidays
- Provide regular feedback from the field level to all levels of management
- Answering or returning calls within a timely manner is imperative.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the assigned team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets satisfactory standards.
- Enhance client relationship through proactive and positive communication, and by recognizing and delivering on client key issues and expectations.
- Maintain ongoing client relationship and recognize future business opportunities.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. The company will also put Service Leads into formal training.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be capable of reading, writing, and speaking the English language effectively. Spanish is a plus, but not required.
- Must be capable of communicating effectively and professionally in both written and verbal form to members of the organization and third parties.
- Strong customer service skills and a can-do attitude are a must.
- Must be capable of performing responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with very little supervision.
- Experience and strong skills in Microsoft Office software (Outlook email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality – access to Company confidential information must be protected at all times.
- Must understand the necessity for always having a high standard in the following: quality of work, response to customer requests, safety, financial performance, and team morale.
- Must have good problem resolution skills to make decisions related to customer and personnel issues in partnership with the Service Manager and HR Manager.
- Follow up and follow through are critical elements of this position – communicate!
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Proficient in reading construction blue prints, specifications, customer contracts, and billing processes.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- EPA Certification minimum Type I and II, or Universal required
- 5 or more years of experience in the field of Supermarket Refrigeration Service with a solid understanding of the mechanical and EMS controls.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While on jobsites, this person must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and protocols which means this person will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) such as but not limited to hearing, foot, and eye protection.
In performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or listen. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stop, crouch and kneel. Occasionally, the employee may have to lift and/or move objects up to 75 lbs. Drive long distances. Vision requirements include close, color and peripheral vision.
HillPhoenix offers an excellent workplace to grow personally and professionally, and includes many comprehensive benefits such as:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage
- Matching 401K plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : New Mexico : Albuquerque
Sub Division : Hillphoenix AMS
Job Requisition ID : 30770