VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position manages all vehicle reconditioning operations/shops placing emphasis on the highest quality standards in preparing vehicles for remarketing, maximizing efficiencies and profitability for Manheim reconditioning operation. In addition, the position manages all reconditioning employees and processes to ensure all customer commitments and expectations for quality, completion and pricing for services are met. This position may have direct, daily management responsibility for at least one of Manheim reconditioning shops (Mechanical, Detail or Body) along with the other overall recon management responsibilities listed.
- Manage activities of all recon employees to ensure all reconditioning services and processes utilized meet Manheim’s and the customer’s guidelines, specifications and requirements
- Determine and oversee allocation and scheduling of staffing levels to meet all customer quality and completion commitments as well as maximization of recon operations profitability
- Oversees the quality control of vehicles as established by Manheim standards
- Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results and problems with location and market leadership teams, in partnership with home office reconditioning leadership
- Establish and communicate production goals and work schedule assignments in a reasonable and timely manner. Measure process efficiency and effectiveness and implement improvement strategies as needed.
- Manage the purchase and maintenance of equipment, materials and supplies for all recon shops. Control the use and consumption of supplies utilized in the recon shops
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by communicating, monitoring, and enforcing all required safety procedures and complying with all OSHA, EPA and State or local safety and compliance regulations
- Maintain and develop reconditioning shops staff and their professional and technical knowledge by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Counsel and disciplines employees as necessary; plans, monitors, and evaluates job performance by conducting performance appraisals
- Ensure shops adhere to and maintain Manheim defined standard operating procedures and guidelines
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Work in cooperation with Market Safety Manager in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product, and effective customer service; review departmental performance against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute strategies for improvement.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee and customer conduct.
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance, HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and efficient operational processes that align with company objectives and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- BA/BS degree and 7+ years of related experience with at least 1 year experience in a management or lead role; or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience in the Automobile or Auction Industry a must
- Strong communication and interaction skills required
- Competent management and excellent organizational skills required
- Valid driver's License and good driving record required
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong business acumen with focus on operations
- Effective management, leadership, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of reconditioning operations, P&L and the ability to act decisively based on sound judgment
- ASE certification automotive body repair or reconditioning preferred.
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc). Manual dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.