Project Manager - Guatanamo Bay (3383)
This is a proposal position (contingent upon contract award) located at Guantanamo Bay Naval Base Operations (BOS).
The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a major Naval Base Operations Support (BOS) contract. Providing all resources, procedures, and management necessary to coordinate all assigned functions under the general guidance of various Government designated leadership and the overall prime contract. Provide, establish, and maintain Standard Operating Procedures, external SOPs, and performance metrics in accordance with contract requirements and the Naval Base Regulations. Ensure adequate financial tracking and billing and file operations in accordance with the IAP and contract procedures. Displays exemplary leadership while managing a large workforce.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interprets or develops operational plans to achieve contract objectives and prepare schedules and budgets to meet project requirements.
- Works through Finance to prepare budgets and cash flows to manage project costs and revenues throughout the process.
- Develops labor and material estimates to support proposed project schedules.
- Interprets and explains plans, budgets, and schedules to administrative and support staff, subordinate supervisors, and client representatives.
- Responsible for client relations throughout the project life, ensures open and positive communications, and facilitates change management and dispute resolution.
- Manages tasks in the field, including day to day coordination of resource allocations, quality control, project safety, management oversight, and integration of plans and schedules to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Identifies project changes and conflicts and coordinates through contracting to resolve conflicts and negotiate required modifications.
Level of Supervision:
Functional area managers, Technicians , Engineers, Subcontractors and SCA/CBA Employees
Education & Experience:
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or similar with a minimum ten (10) years of experience in Base Operations Services (BOS)
- Experience managing a BOS program of similar size, scope and complexity
- US NAVY BOS experience preferred