Production Equipment Mechanic
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The maintenance department supports all aspects of the manufacturing and facility maintenance efforts at Oso BioPharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, LLC. The maintenance department provides the capacity to manufacture pharmaceuticals in an efficient, timely, and safe manner, thereby contributing to the profitability of the company by maintaining or modifying all utility, facility, and production equipment and systems.
The production equipment mechanic (PEM) repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties:
Provides a high level of hands-on activities for the installation of new equipment, performing Installation qualifications (IQ), performs preventive and routine maintenance on manufacturing equipment. Applies mechanical experience to enhance, expand, and optimize the manufacturing equipment .Works as an independent mechanic for all machinery repair efforts on the shift assigned under the direction of the maintenance shift supervisor and with appreciable direction from the sr. mechanic and within the guidance established.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform preventive and routine maintenance procedures on various type of production machinery,
- Documents all activities for work performed in the required manner,
- Participate in enhancements and expansions to current facility,
- Available for 24 hour on-call duty,
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's),
- Understands and assists in implementing safety procedures and cGMP's,
- Repairs tooling and machinery including the creation of tooling, fabrication and repair of parts as needed.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Required as a minimum: a H.S. degree with some technical (post High School) courses. (Typically some course work in mechanical, industrial or commercial equipment repair). The ideal candidate will have an A.S. degree or a minimum of 3 years working as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of manufacturing software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Computer literate with working knowledge of MS-Word/Excel and maintenance management databases.
- Some hands-on experience in operation/maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Prefer skill in working in aseptic pharmaceutical environments,
- Prefer knowledge of cGMP and regulatory agencies (OSHA, EPA, FDA, JP, EU, etc.) requirements.
- Assure that facility engineering drawings and associated documentation (including work orders and ECOs) are effectively and compliantly updated and maintained.
- Interpersonal skills to encourage effective interactions with peers.
- Interpersonal skills to encourage effective interactions with outside contractors.
- Identify areas of process improvements
- Maintains work areas to the highest level of cleanliness.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with plant maintenance, engineering staff and other departments as needed.
- Ability to work well independently or as a team.
- Ability to work at heights.
Must pass background check
Must pass drug screen
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; risk of radiation and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All interested applicants must apply online. AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.