General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
The Maintenance Lead is overall accountable to improve the reliability of the platform through ownership of critical systems and capability development to deliver expected results. Responsible for building technical capability across the platform to develop multi-skilled technician self-sufficient teams. In addition, works to eliminate losses following a rigorous daily process that is data driven and focused on root cause elimination.
Most of the day will be spent on the floor with the technician teams building the team's technical understanding and mastery. This role works directly with and supports the Material Handling Department while building a strong network within the maintenance, technical and operations communities of practice.
- Role models Engaging Leader behaviors via ILEAD to build a high performing team
- Accountable for the 24-hour results of the platform specifically related to safety and reliability
- Supports and leads capability development of the platform members as per the Technician Career System to identify, measure and drive out equipment losses to deliver targeted line / system results by providing coaching, support, direction and ongoing feedback.
- Supports Daily Direction Setting (DDS) process for the platform
- Own several daily management systems across the platform and accountable to coach / develop technician system owners who own these systems across the platform:
- Defect Handling: Facilitates documentation of standards with technicians and coach's technicians through the identification, prioritization and resolution of defects
- Breakdown Elimination: Identification of triggers, tracking of BE's through dice chart, and ensures technician system owners complete BE's and implementation of countermeasures.
- Planning and Scheduling: Plans, schedules and assigns work (CM and PM) including shutdown planning in partnership with the technician system owners
- This position is technical and is depended on to deliver other critical technical expertise to drive out equipment losses:
- Analysis of equipment performance and improving component life.
- Tracking and reporting of maintenance measurement data
- Deliver spring plan M/R costs for the line (materials, services, OT)
- Data integrity of maintenance management system
- Identifies and addresses safety risks related to maintenance activities
- Foster an inclusive environment where people work together to solve problems.
- Partner with Engineering organization on capital and product commercialization.
- Follow personal development plan to:
- build platform technical skills and where applicable support trainer and qualifier needs via the Technician Career System
- develop deep understanding of all DMS (CIL, PCL, DH, BE, etc.) to optimize coaching span of influence and loss analysis
- Apply the Reward and Recognition System expectations at the individual and team level
- Able to cover the Platform Leader and Process Leader responsibilities in the short-term absence.
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years related experience
- Working knowledge of data systems including MAXIMO, MQIS, INSQL, and GSTEMS.
- Previous experience in Team leading, Process Lead, Reliability and/or coaching
- Demonstrated capability in application of Foundational Systems and driving reliability metrics
- Demonstrated technical capability on at least one product platform
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Daily Direction Setting
- Experience with Integrated work systems such as TPM