Great Southwestern Construction, Inc., a subsidiary of MYR Group Inc., one of the oldest and largest electrical contractors in the country, is looking for qualified Transmission Lineman for our projects throughout the region.
- Construct and maintain all phases of electrical line construction
- Establishing OSHA and customer safety requirements
- Observe and practice all safety policies and bulletins
- Planning and initiating projects
- Setting of towers and poles
- Maintaining and repairing overhead transmission lines
- Stringing new wire or maintaining old wire
- Installing and maintaining insulators
- Installing and maintaining transformers and other equipment
- Supervising Groundman and Apprentices
- Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
- Must presently be qualified to be a Journeyman Lineman. Documentation of completion of a journeyman lineman program is required
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Technical School Lineman degree or equivalent is required
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home
- Experience with digger derricks, bucket trucks, trenchers, and groundwork with utility crews is required
- Ability to work at heights up to and above 100 feet preferred
- Must be mentally competent; able to communicate effectively, have good teamwork skills and able to understand, comprehend, and follow directions in the workplace
- Must have a quality work ethic and be committed to optimum customer service
- Must be able to work additional hours
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Possession of a valid Commercial driver's license Class A preferred.
Excellent benefits including:
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Life insurance
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Apply at: www.gswc.us. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.