Provides housekeeping services to ensure a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment for residents, staff, visitors, and the public.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleans (dust, dry mop, wet mop, sanitize, scrub) assigned resident rooms, bathrooms and common areas daily according to facility procedures.
- Respects residents' privacy and preferences about room arrangement and personal items. Knocks before entering resident rooms and bathrooms.
- Cleans walls, ceilings, windows, mirrors, and waxes floors according to department procedures and cleaning schedules.
- Takes appropriate actions to secure housekeeping supplies out of reach of residents at all times.
- Disposes of trash and waste, including biohazardous waste and other materials that require special handling, only in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sufficient education to demonstrate functional literacy.
- Prior housekeeping experience in an institutional setting preferred.
Physical Demands & Environment
Working in institutional kitchen environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, see, talk and hear. May occasionally lift or move items of up to 75 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.