Executive Administrative Assistant, Communications & APS Education Foundation
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 11/08/2019
CLOSING DATE: 11/17/2019 04:00 PM
POSTING NUMBER: 00040577
LOCATION: 003:COMMUNITY RELATIONS
POSITION TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant, Communications & APS Education Foundation
To assist the Executive Directors of the APS Education Foundation and the APS Communications Office in the day-to-day operation of assigned functions and responsibilities.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director communicating information, updates and priorities.
- Performs duties and functions specifically related to the office of assigned manager ensuring timely completion, compliance with legal requirements, coordination, monitoring, and processing of information following up as appropriate.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries received in writing or by telephone screening, obtaining or providing the necessary information, or forwards to the appropriate personnel for response. Ensures timely turn around and follow up.
- Responds to requests for information regarding the District and its operation, including but not limited to policy, procedures, rules and regulations, or financial information, as appropriate.
- Manages calendar and appointment schedule maintaining, updating, coordinating and revising on a daily basis or more often as needed.
- Receives and processes correspondence reviewing, responding, researching, rerouting, etc. as appropriate.
- Reviews and proofs correspondence and requisitions received for signature, obtains corrections or changes, and ensures timely turn around.
- Writes, prepares and sends out Executive Director's correspondence.
- Attends Board meetings and committee meetings as requested taking notes or representing Executive Director and reporting back information.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, committees, professional development training events, conferences, interviews, etc. including scheduling, planning, organizing, determining attendees, preparation of materials, rooms, audiovisual, refreshments, etc. Attending as needed or requested.
- Assists in the development of annual office budget. Updates, monitors and maintains budget processing invoices, requisitions, forms, etc., charging appropriate cost accounts and producing reports as necessary.
- Arranges travel and maintains travel accounts.
- Researches, analyzes, evaluates and organizes the preparation of materials, reports, documents, etc.
- Maintains and safeguards confidential files and information.
- Maintains annual equipment inventory.
- Develops and maintains all necessary files and filing systems as needed.
- Handles routine paperwork by sorting, routing, gathering signatures and follows through on disposition.
- Takes and transcribes dictation as needed.
- Receives and relays visitors as appropriate.
- Accesses District computer system(s) to complete various assignments.
- Maintains supplies, materials and equipment for office and prepares and receives orders and deliveries.
- May supervise clerical staff participating in interviewing and selection, training, evaluating, assigning work, solving problems and providing leadership.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage/update web based application
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating professional development trainings both on/off site.
- Knowledge and training in systems of continuous improvement
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement.
- Ability to work effectively on several different task simultaneous with frequency interruptions.
- Demonstrated experience in public relations.
- Working knowledge of a school district and its' operations.
- Proofreading and editing skills.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting practices.
- Satisfactory completion of keyboard skills test.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- College-level course work in business related study.
- Five years of secretarial experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Exceptional secretarial skills (word processing, dictation and transcribing).
- Ability to compose and edit written communications.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
Contact: Monica Armenta at / firstname.lastname@example.org
www.aps.edu, District Support Application. A cover letter and resume must be submitted prior to 4:00 PM on the closing date of the advertisement for the application to be considered complete.
This position includes a potential discretionary differential of up to $4500.00 for additional duties.
GRADE / LEVEL: 5
START DATE: Immediately