EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - SPECIAL ED
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING DATE: 12/03/2019
POSTING NUMBER: 00040749
LOCATION: 327:NAVAJO ES
POSITION TITLE: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - SPECIAL ED
Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional program.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Serves as a model in developing students' language and behavior.
- Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by certified personnel.
- Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work by students.
- Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books, manages supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
- Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds, hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
- Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
- Participates in teacher-parent conferences and meetings as requested by classroom teacher.
- Reinforces the implementation of IEP goals using similar emphasis and techniques as classroom teacher.
- Trains students in self-help skills including eating, toileting, hygiene, behavior management and academic skills.
- Assists with custodial skills of students including lifting, positioning and adaptive equipment maintenance using established procedures.
- Escorts students to other locations on campus and off campus with the approval of classroom teacher.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of APS community, computer system, financial and legal requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience with educational equipment preferred.
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, must be at least 18 years of age, and must meet the NCLB highly qualified requirements.
NCLB requirements are:
- 48 college credit hours OR Pass the Paraprofessional Test
Contact: Sarah Garcia at / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Classified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
SALARY: G1 SALARY SCHEDULE
START DATE: December 16, 2019