EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - NM PRE-K PROGRAM (SHORT TERM)
JOB STATUS: OPEN
POSTING NUMBER: 00043632
SCHOOL YEAR: 2020-2021
POSTING NUMBER: 00043632
LOCATION: 336:LOS RANCHOS ES
POSITION TITLE: EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT - NM PRE-K PROGRAM (SHORT TERM)
Assists certified staff in providing delivery of the instructional program
Responsibilities include working with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher; collecting, preparing and arranging resource material for use by certified personnel; and maintaining classroom records, preparing reports, scoring tests, processing books and managing supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Works with individuals and small groups in the classroom to reinforce material introduced by the teacher.
- Serves as a model in developing students' language and behavior.
- Collects, prepares and arranges resource material for use by certified personnel.
- Operates support equipment and monitors testing or make-up work by students.
- Maintains classroom records, prepares reports as requested by the classroom teacher or principal, scores tests, processes books, manages supplies and classroom equipment as needed.
- Monitors student activities in classrooms, school grounds, hallways, lunchrooms, field trips, bus loading areas, etc.
- Provides support for non-instructional classroom duties such as monitoring snacks, restrooms, clothing areas, etc.
- Participates in teacher-parent conferences and meetings as requested by classroom teacher.
- Reinforces the implementation of IEP goals using similar emphasis and techniques as classroom teacher.
- Trains students in self-help skills including eating, toileting, hygiene, behavior management and academic skills.
- Assists with custodial skills of students including lifting, positioning and adaptive equipment maintenance using established procedures.
- Escorts students to other locations on campus and off campus with the approval of classroom teacher.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferences include experience with educational equipment, effective communication skills, both verbal and written; flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem solving skills; and interpersonal skills with diverse populations.
Must have an Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education or agree to take 6 credit hours annually towards an Associate's in ECE.
All candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, must be at least 18 years of age, and must meet the NCLB highly qualified requirements.
NCLB requirements are:
48 college credit hours OR Pass the Paraprofessional Test
Contact: Craig Robinson at 5058890794 x56305 / firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLY ONLINE: WWW.APS.EDU, APS Jobs, Classified Application.
In addition to providing supporting documents to meet the position requirements, you must also submit an updated cover letter & resume.
START DATE: 22SEP20